Turned a lifetime GM guy into a Ford guy
By Mike S. on
2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
I have owned nothing but GM vehicles all my life. I don't know what GM was thinking with the new Camaro (yuk!) When Ford redesigned the Mustang in 2005, they had my attention. I finally "flipped" to Ford after comparing GM and Mopar offerings (I only purchase domestic vehicles - no imports for this guy!)and I could not be more pleased with my decision. I have the best of both worlds. The retro stlying of the sixties classics, but also the outstanding performance, handling, comfort, and reliability of a modern day vehicle. Not to mention, where else can you get this kind of car, brand new, with a V8, for 25K? Yes, the interior has a lot of plastic, but what car does not nowadays?
Favorite Features
Power. Manual trans. Surprisingly smooth and quiet ride, at least for this type of vehicle. Styling. I Have seen the 2010 offering. Although Ford has addressed the shortcomings noted in other reviews on the new model, I personally like the 2005-2009 model better. Shaker 500 audio system ROCKS!
Suggested Improvements
Moot point. All addressed, or, in my opinion, over-addressed in the 2010 model. The Mustang was never intended to be a luxury car. It is a very well executed, affordable muscle car.