2009 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: 2009 Bullit - 12,000 miles lat

2009 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

GT Premium Coupe (4.6L V8 5-speed Manual)

2009 Bullit - 12,000 miles later
By uwe1 on

2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

While I initially loved the car, and had written a rather positive review at the time, I believe 12,000 miles later my opinion has changed. While the power of the car is still outstanding, and the pricing almost unbeatable, I see issues with the build quality (rattling noises everywhere, parts inside falling off with no apparent reason), as well as the handling (doesn't like sharp turns e.g. @ a traffic light - even when the road is dry! Rain, snow - let's not go there). Seat belt is strangling me (I'm 5.11). Passenger seat can NOT be adjusted for height, so my petite wife doesn't like to drive with me as she almost can't see outside.

Power, price tag

Needs better build quality BADLY, replace the solid rear axle with something that belongs in the 21st century for crying out loud. What's the deal with the driver seat belt?! Passenger seat should accommodate people who are below average height.