2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
I purchased a brand new 427R Roush. It was a Beautiful looking car, and a rocket.. But looks fade faster then fords relaibility does. This was my first New american car.. after owning a variety of Honda, Toyota, and Subaru based cars, i figured i would do the American thing and buy an american car.. Well the fact is, it is a Mexican and Canadian car.. Where as my toyota's are more american.
At 56K out the door it was a huge disappointment.
0-60 in neck snapping rocket speed.
With simple bolt on's and slicks it ran a low 11.24
where to start!!!???
1. The power steering pump died at 8K miles
2. It was burning oil at 12K miles
3. Two sets of power window motors before 18K miles
4. Exhaust leaks at the manifold gaskets
5. clutch peddle broke the welds and fell off..
6. Rattles and squeeks
7. Headlight benzles melted off, and the dealership refused to fix them under warranty, until my lawyer called.
8. 10mpg on a good day..
9. Rear end seal started leaking at 22k miles..
Luckily sold it at 33K miles for 25K dollars.. yeah lost 31K dollars in value over 2 years.. worst POS ever.. Run if you have a choice!
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.