2009 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Camaro Eat Your Heart Out

2009 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

Camaro Eat Your Heart Out
By GoNavy on

2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I was going to get a new 2010 Camaro, but the dealers were charging 6-10k dealer markup, pushing the V8 version of the car out of my price range. So, I wanted an American made V8 car, with horsepower and was fun to drive. Not many of those still being made by U.S.auto manufacturers. I decided on the Mustang for its looks, excellent ride quality, horsepower, blazingly fast acceleration in the 5-speed GT version I bought, and Ford had employee pricing on the car. Only thing is the interior, my right knee hits the edge of the dash so in long drives it's a little discomforting. Other than that, the car delivers more bang for your buck than the Camaro could ever hope to accomplish.

The acceleration, need I say more! The Shaker 500 sound system, and 18 inch wheels. Fuel economy is good for a V8, highway I am getting 25/mpg.

Interior. Dashboard, needs to be redesigned so as not to be giving drivers a raspberry on their right knee.