Used 2009 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Japan Car Fan Buys Ford-Friends in Shock
By Car Nuntz

2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Our criteria for a car, performance, braking, handling, and comfort without breaking the bank. Plus we need to both fit (she is short and I am tall)The melted down soap designs are boring along with the performance. But our surprise and complete shock was the Mustang in California Special trim. Absolutely beautiful to look out and the build quality was equal to anything we investigated.But to our shock and surprise, the car was comfortable quiet, and performed beyond expectations. Not a sports car (watch that live rear axle) but for an everyday driver, we now race for the keys in the morning. Gas mileage hurts a little, but its hard not to step on the gas for an ear to ear grin

Favorite Features

Shaker 1000 -They are not kidding Manual transmission-Baby smooth shifts. Brakes-Stop on a dime and give you change.

Suggested Improvements

Raise the passenger seat up. Any other improvement would bring up the price of this bargain.

Love the pony
By mike

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love the look of this car. I was always a fan of them and finally purchased my first pony this year. The outside is awesome and the v6 engine is especially peppy being a 4.0. It is not great on gas, but I do average in the mid-20s on the highway. the interior is fairly cheezy. the glovebox is pretty small (my old Dodge neon had a larger and more functional glovebox) and the center console is also kind of impractical, but all around it is more of a sportcar than anything else, so it is nothing to really get picky over. also they used a lot more cheap plastic than i would of liked. all around, i would purchase it again, and love it tho

Favorite Features

shaker 500 audio system, peppy 4.0 v6 engine, 45 anniversary side badges, interior ambient color changing lighting

Suggested Improvements

ford skimped out on the interior quality so much. for a nicer car they sure did load up on the cheap plastic on the dash. i have the upgraded "alumnium" trim, which seems to be shiny plastic and not metal. also there is plenty of room for the center console and glovebox, why are they so tiny?

American Car
By Vance

2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a very well built car indeed and gets looks everywhere I go, Its sporty , fast and who could ask for naything more for your money

Favorite Features

short throw Manual trans and all that v8 power

Suggested Improvements

Larger hood scoop and user friendly console

great pony car
By DAVID BENTLEY

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

just purchased my 2009 V6 convertible mustang. it had 9500 miles when purchased. I drove it to Pensacola, Fl the next week and it drove great with good gas mileage. so far I have really enjoyed this car. the style and ride is really great. No problems at all.

Favorite Features

convertible top, styling, HANDLING

Suggested Improvements

none so far.

This is awsome!
By Rob

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My favorite thing about owning this Mustang is just the comfort of the ride. It's easy and relaxing, yet I have power too. I also love the back bench, I can now take both my best friends with me instead of having to either leave someone out or have to take two cars.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the handeling, that includes the feel of the rear- wheel drive.