2009 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Inexpensive for a reason
By Carreview on 01/22/09 05:02 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Fun engine. Comfortable interior. Poor build quality (several of mis-fitted/mis-aligned body panels, convertible top issues, windows are aligned differently, when compared to each other, etc.). Long-term reliability unknown, but build quality leaves something to be desired. Price likely reflects use of cheap parts, which could call into question long-term durability. In summary, it's a fun, modestly- priced convertible with questionable quality control and unknown long-term reliability. It just does not give the same warm fuzzy that a Honda or Lexus does in terms of solid build quality right off the dealer lot. Buy only after you have noted these cautions.

Looks like the 60's
By terkar on 01/07/09 16:09 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Test drove the GT, but the V-6 with upfitters package caught my eye. One ride and my wife and I fell in love with the car. Very peppy acceleration, good gas mileage, and nice smooth ride. Will be getting an intake and exhaust soon but actually has more than enough pickup without it and nice 30MPG on the highway.

Great car for the money. . . a classic!
By McBane700 on 11/07/08 13:26 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Ford Mustang and my 4th Ford car overall. My original Mustang was a 1966 sky blue AT. It had the V8 289 and Pony Interior. I now own the new, Vista Blue, Pony Premium car with AT and I love it. The retro exterior styling is great, and reminds me of the brand's peak in the 1960's. The V6 has great power at 210 HP -- equal to the V8, 289ci I once owned. The interior plastics and finish are much improved from 1990's Ford cars. I love the new Shaker 500 stereo system - - it rocks! So far, I have 2,000 miles on the car and I love it! For any Ford fan this new C5 generation is the one to own -- all the good looks of the older Mustang combined with a modern, 5 Speed AT!

Nice
By scook5 on 10/16/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I wasn't looking for this car because of practically reasons of having a small child and winter driving but decided to take a chance and leased one. My 4-year old likes the car and there are no issues with him and using the back seat. The ride on extremely bumpy roads may be of concern for some because of the solid rear axel but even in Michigan. Classic vehicle design stands out and the interior upgrades have improved on the prior poor looking base interior. So far the experience has been real good. I'll just have to see how the vehicle performs in the winter!

2009 V6 Premium Pony Package 5-speed
By Bond on 09/10/08 17:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Was looking for a sporty coupe, loved the styling of the Mustang, and found the interior roomy, I'm 6'2". Have owned 5 weeks and have logged 3000 miles. Performance is snappy, with good acceleration, and surprising handling considering the archaic suspension. Pony package has rear anti roll bar, big cornering improvement over base V6. ABS and traction control recommended. Averaging 28+ MPG in mixed driving, gets 33 on the hwy. Exterior is beautiful to my eye. Interior is also sharp, but Ford saves money on materials, lots of plastic. Leather buckets quite comfortable, but could use more side bolstering. No squeaks or rattles so far. Hard to beat for the money. A lot of car for 23k.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Mustang in VA is:

$136 per month*