2009 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Mustang GT Bullit edition
By Uwe on 05/12/09 16:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a sporty car, not a sports-car, meaning it is fast but not Porsche, Corvette, or Viper fast. I like the price, the look, the engine & exhaust sound, 6xMP3 player w/ 500 watts stereo, navi, comfy seats. Interior looks and feels cheap except for the leather seats. Seat belt is strangling me. Can't say anything about reliability yet.

Daily Driver
By Uwe on 05/01/09 12:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I picked up my brandnew 2009 GT with Bullit & Nav option last week. Still breaking it in. It's a fun car that I use as my daily drive. It's quick, but that is relative of course (my weekend car is a 2005 Porsche Turbo S). Still, it is capable to pass the majority of cars on the road, and that's what was important to me. The interior looks and feels cheap (lots of plastic) except for the leather seats. Good sized trunk. Nice exhaust sound. The car "feels" a bit big for a 2+2 seater. Appealing price ("Internet" price $3k down MSPR + $3.5k Ford incentive). Good stereo (Shaker 500) with enough bass power to make the windows rattle. Pleasant overall experience at the dealership.

California Special Package
By Kimba on 04/22/09 14:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I own 2009 GT Premium 5 speed manual with the California Special package (it gives it the 1969/70 look) I couldn't believe the handling and stability of the drive! With the split axle option there is allot of get up and go!!! We have been able to maintain 25.8 mpg average. I am still re-learning the stick!

Two thumbs up.
By gtman on 03/18/09 11:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first brand new mustang since my 1967 fastback. This GT is great. Diffinetly the most bang for your buck.

Its worth every penny
By CVale on 03/04/09 15:53 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I had been considering the Mustang, Challenger, or Camaro for a new sports car. I needed a rear seat for my child (unless I could leave the wife home more often). After doing much research on all the vehicles and test-driving the challenger and Mustang. I decided on the Mustang. Tried the Challenger RT and it was ok but just didn’t do it for me. I liked the outside of the new Camaro but didn’t like the inside so much. Everything I researched also swayed me away from a first year production model on any vehicle as well. Granted the “tested” numbers show the Camaro going slightly faster than the Mustang I;m not concerned. The mustang is just great all around. No regrets at all!

A Chevy person bought a Ford!
By ChevyHuny on 02/19/09 13:14 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

When I was up for a new car I tested every vehicle on the market. Absolutely nothing compared to the car I ended up buying. The price, all the options you get with it and the color options. I got the Brilliant Silver Metallic and it just shines. I highly recommend the OEM HID headlights equipped from factory. Putting on a after market kit will not compare in the least.

Camaro Eat Your Heart Out
By GoNavy on 01/29/09 20:57 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I was going to get a new 2010 Camaro, but the dealers were charging 6-10k dealer markup, pushing the V8 version of the car out of my price range. So, I wanted an American made V8 car, with horsepower and was fun to drive. Not many of those still being made by U.S.auto manufacturers. I decided on the Mustang for its looks, excellent ride quality, horsepower, blazingly fast acceleration in the 5-speed GT version I bought, and Ford had employee pricing on the car. Only thing is the interior, my right knee hits the edge of the dash so in long drives it's a little discomforting. Other than that, the car delivers more bang for your buck than the Camaro could ever hope to accomplish.

Best car I ever had.
By joe henricks on 01/28/09 09:47 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 7th car. I owned mainly Honda accord and Nissan Altima. I don't like American cars, bu I have to say this Mustang really rocks. Better reability and low cost maintenance tha my previous Honda Accord Coupe. Best choice ever!

Looks like the 60's
By terkar on 01/07/09 16:09 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Test drove the GT, but the V-6 with upfitters package caught my eye. One ride and my wife and I fell in love with the car. Very peppy acceleration, good gas mileage, and nice smooth ride. Will be getting an intake and exhaust soon but actually has more than enough pickup without it and nice 30MPG on the highway.

Great car for the money. . . a classic!
By McBane700 on 11/07/08 13:26 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Ford Mustang and my 4th Ford car overall. My original Mustang was a 1966 sky blue AT. It had the V8 289 and Pony Interior. I now own the new, Vista Blue, Pony Premium car with AT and I love it. The retro exterior styling is great, and reminds me of the brand's peak in the 1960's. The V6 has great power at 210 HP -- equal to the V8, 289ci I once owned. The interior plastics and finish are much improved from 1990's Ford cars. I love the new Shaker 500 stereo system - - it rocks! So far, I have 2,000 miles on the car and I love it! For any Ford fan this new C5 generation is the one to own -- all the good looks of the older Mustang combined with a modern, 5 Speed AT!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Mustang Coupe in VA is:

$136 per month*