Used 2009 Ford Mustang Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Another stang to the corral
By stang68cs

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Opted for a basic model so I can build it the way I want. Great gas mileage-- been averaging 27mpg on highway! Very cheap interior--too much plastic and broken parts already!!! But you get what you paid for. Great acceleration for a V6.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks. Sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Improve quality of plastic parts!

love a pony
By shoefly

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love to drive this car. I have a 40 anniversary pony, now I bought this 45 ann. So far so good. Only complaint is the seat belt is very hard to get to it should be like the other pony attached to the seat. Better than the new camaro.

Favorite Features

shift knob

Suggested Improvements

seat belt placement. better interior material

My First Pony
By Stanleycup35

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Having been a Mustang lover my whole life finally had the option to purchase the '09, and couldn't be more happy. The V6 isn't as quick at takeoff, but its gas mileage and insurance benefits outweigh that for the financially strapped. The car is very comfortable to ride in, and for a sports car feels very roomy in the cab. The handling is exceptional and moves, dives and dodges quickly with a velvet touch. For the price the '09 Mustang is hard to beat, its a lot of car for such a small price.

Favorite Features

great Handling, decent MPG both city and HWY. Comfortable to ride in, even over long distances. Quiet sounding ride, very little road noise, but the acceleration can be felt and heard!

Suggested Improvements

The interior. This has been everyones complaint here, and they're right, but a lot of the cars made today have pretty plasticy cheap feels. I think Ford can do better, this isn't terrible, but noteworthy. Also the emergency brake, its really ugly.

Love the pony
By mike

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love the look of this car. I was always a fan of them and finally purchased my first pony this year. The outside is awesome and the v6 engine is especially peppy being a 4.0. It is not great on gas, but I do average in the mid-20s on the highway. the interior is fairly cheezy. the glovebox is pretty small (my old Dodge neon had a larger and more functional glovebox) and the center console is also kind of impractical, but all around it is more of a sportcar than anything else, so it is nothing to really get picky over. also they used a lot more cheap plastic than i would of liked. all around, i would purchase it again, and love it tho

Favorite Features

shaker 500 audio system, peppy 4.0 v6 engine, 45 anniversary side badges, interior ambient color changing lighting

Suggested Improvements

ford skimped out on the interior quality so much. for a nicer car they sure did load up on the cheap plastic on the dash. i have the upgraded "alumnium" trim, which seems to be shiny plastic and not metal. also there is plenty of room for the center console and glovebox, why are they so tiny?

Best car I ever had.
By joe henricks

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 7th car. I owned mainly Honda accord and Nissan Altima. I don't like American cars, bu I have to say this Mustang really rocks. Better reability and low cost maintenance tha my previous Honda Accord Coupe. Best choice ever!

Favorite Features

V6 mileage with manual transmission

Suggested Improvements

Interior materials