2009 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Would have been better off with a real horse..
By themanindbox on 09/15/12 15:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased a brand new 427R Roush. It was a Beautiful looking car, and a rocket.. But looks fade faster then fords relaibility does. This was my first New american car.. after owning a variety of Honda, Toyota, and Subaru based cars, i figured i would do the American thing and buy an american car.. Well the fact is, it is a Mexican and Canadian car.. Where as my toyota's are more american. At 56K out the door it was a huge disappointment.

2009 Bullit - 12,000 miles later
By uwe1 on 01/11/11 17:12 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

While I initially loved the car, and had written a rather positive review at the time, I believe 12,000 miles later my opinion has changed. While the power of the car is still outstanding, and the pricing almost unbeatable, I see issues with the build quality (rattling noises everywhere, parts inside falling off with no apparent reason), as well as the handling (doesn't like sharp turns e.g. @ a traffic light - even when the road is dry! Rain, snow - let's not go there). Seat belt is strangling me (I'm 5.11). Passenger seat can NOT be adjusted for height, so my petite wife doesn't like to drive with me as she almost can't see outside.

Monster
By Marsh on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased this car summer 2009 so far it has only 4500 miles. The handling and performance has been exceptional and very exciting, puts you in the driving mood. I must admit I will have to change the suspension and try limiting the hood vibration somewhat. Overall with a few touches here and there, some deep dish Rim, this car should be great.

Love My Mustang
By Dennis on 06/17/10 20:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Just bought the car in March of this year and it was a NEW 2009 left over vehicle and got a great deal. I was so impressed with the overall car and how fun it is to drive and it is a real road machine! It handles great and is just a kick to be in. The seats are super comfortable and I rate this car a 10.

Turned a lifetime GM guy into a Ford guy
By Mike S. on 01/22/10 19:59 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned nothing but GM vehicles all my life. I don't know what GM was thinking with the new Camaro (yuk!) When Ford redesigned the Mustang in 2005, they had my attention. I finally "flipped" to Ford after comparing GM and Mopar offerings (I only purchase domestic vehicles - no imports for this guy!)and I could not be more pleased with my decision. I have the best of both worlds. The retro stlying of the sixties classics, but also the outstanding performance, handling, comfort, and reliability of a modern day vehicle. Not to mention, where else can you get this kind of car, brand new, with a V8, for 25K? Yes, the interior has a lot of plastic, but what car does not nowadays?

Japan Car Fan Buys Ford-Friends in Shock
By Car Nuntz on 07/29/09 13:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Our criteria for a car, performance, braking, handling, and comfort without breaking the bank. Plus we need to both fit (she is short and I am tall)The melted down soap designs are boring along with the performance. But our surprise and complete shock was the Mustang in California Special trim. Absolutely beautiful to look out and the build quality was equal to anything we investigated.But to our shock and surprise, the car was comfortable quiet, and performed beyond expectations. Not a sports car (watch that live rear axle) but for an everyday driver, we now race for the keys in the morning. Gas mileage hurts a little, but its hard not to step on the gas for an ear to ear grin

American Car
By Vance on 07/16/09 18:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a very well built car indeed and gets looks everywhere I go, Its sporty , fast and who could ask for naything more for your money

2008 Bullitt
By Jeff on 05/31/09 20:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I can't believe a car that is this much fun to drive can be bought for this price. Plenty of power, great exhaust note (compare it to the weak sound of a 380Z), comfortable GT500 seats, aggressive exterior styling, and with amenities like the super smooth Tremec 5 speed, the light touch hydraulic clutch, and the 500 watt Shaker stereo this car is a dream. No wonder Ford is not looking for Govt. bailout money like GM and Chrysler.

Mustang GT Bullit edition
By Uwe on 05/12/09 16:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a sporty car, not a sports-car, meaning it is fast but not Porsche, Corvette, or Viper fast. I like the price, the look, the engine & exhaust sound, 6xMP3 player w/ 500 watts stereo, navi, comfy seats. Interior looks and feels cheap except for the leather seats. Seat belt is strangling me. Can't say anything about reliability yet.

Daily Driver
By Uwe on 05/01/09 12:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I picked up my brandnew 2009 GT with Bullit & Nav option last week. Still breaking it in. It's a fun car that I use as my daily drive. It's quick, but that is relative of course (my weekend car is a 2005 Porsche Turbo S). Still, it is capable to pass the majority of cars on the road, and that's what was important to me. The interior looks and feels cheap (lots of plastic) except for the leather seats. Good sized trunk. Nice exhaust sound. The car "feels" a bit big for a 2+2 seater. Appealing price ("Internet" price $3k down MSPR + $3.5k Ford incentive). Good stereo (Shaker 500) with enough bass power to make the windows rattle. Pleasant overall experience at the dealership.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Mustang Coupe in VA is:

$152 per month*