2009 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Ford GT Convertible 2009
By MattB on 12/03/09 15:47 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

An overall great car to drive and very, very fun. Tons of power and very responsive steering. I also test drove a convertible BMW 330i which also was responsive and great to drive but the Mustang won out due to the lesser cost and greater power. I have never owned a convertible but now I won't go back to a regular coupe. I can't say enough good things about this car.

great pony car
By DAVID BENTLEY on 07/10/09 04:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

just purchased my 2009 V6 convertible mustang. it had 9500 miles when purchased. I drove it to Pensacola, Fl the next week and it drove great with good gas mileage. so far I have really enjoyed this car. the style and ride is really great. No problems at all.

Inexpensive for a reason
By Carreview on 01/22/09 05:02 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Fun engine. Comfortable interior. Poor build quality (several of mis-fitted/mis-aligned body panels, convertible top issues, windows are aligned differently, when compared to each other, etc.). Long-term reliability unknown, but build quality leaves something to be desired. Price likely reflects use of cheap parts, which could call into question long-term durability. In summary, it's a fun, modestly- priced convertible with questionable quality control and unknown long-term reliability. It just does not give the same warm fuzzy that a Honda or Lexus does in terms of solid build quality right off the dealer lot. Buy only after you have noted these cautions.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Mustang Convertible in VA is:

$147 per month*