Used 2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Ford GT Convertible 2009
By MattB

2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

An overall great car to drive and very, very fun. Tons of power and very responsive steering. I also test drove a convertible BMW 330i which also was responsive and great to drive but the Mustang won out due to the lesser cost and greater power. I have never owned a convertible but now I won't go back to a regular coupe. I can't say enough good things about this car.

Favorite Features

Handling, power, manual shift. I have the top down as often as possible since I live in California it is nearly every day even now in December! Shaker stereo with Satellite radio and auxiliary input for phone and Ipod is also great!

Suggested Improvements

None. Gas mileage is not an issue if you but this car. Leg room is limited in back but again is not bad for my smaller children.

Inexpensive for a reason
By Carreview

2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Fun engine. Comfortable interior. Poor build quality (several of mis-fitted/mis-aligned body panels, convertible top issues, windows are aligned differently, when compared to each other, etc.). Long-term reliability unknown, but build quality leaves something to be desired. Price likely reflects use of cheap parts, which could call into question long-term durability. In summary, it's a fun, modestly- priced convertible with questionable quality control and unknown long-term reliability. It just does not give the same warm fuzzy that a Honda or Lexus does in terms of solid build quality right off the dealer lot. Buy only after you have noted these cautions.

Favorite Features

Price. Fun V8.

Suggested Improvements

Overall quality control during production seems very lacking based on my car's build quality. Heated seats should be standard on the top of the line model.