2009 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Would have been better off with a real horse..
By themanindbox on 09/15/12 15:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased a brand new 427R Roush. It was a Beautiful looking car, and a rocket.. But looks fade faster then fords relaibility does. This was my first New american car.. after owning a variety of Honda, Toyota, and Subaru based cars, i figured i would do the American thing and buy an american car.. Well the fact is, it is a Mexican and Canadian car.. Where as my toyota's are more american. At 56K out the door it was a huge disappointment.

My Baby
By bjorlino1 on 04/24/11 07:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my 2009 V6 Mustang coupe. The car is a head turner out on the open road. The "fastback" inspired exterior styling looks amazing. The interior is extremely comfortable and I love my leather seats. The ambient lighting in the cabin is a neat added touch. The car has great acceleration with 210 HP and 240 ft lbs of torque. This car is so much fun to drive. The only drawback is that the instrument panel is difficult to read at times.

Great Car
By bjorlino1 on 04/24/11 07:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my 2009 v6 Mustang. The car is a head turner out on the road and it is so much fun to drive. The car has amazing acceleration with 210 HP and 240 ft lbs of torgue. The interior is great with the leather seats and ambient lighting. The sound system with the Shaker 500 is awesome. The only drawback is that the instrument panel is tough to read at times. Overall it is a great car to buy!

2009 Bullit - 12,000 miles later
By uwe1 on 01/11/11 17:12 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

While I initially loved the car, and had written a rather positive review at the time, I believe 12,000 miles later my opinion has changed. While the power of the car is still outstanding, and the pricing almost unbeatable, I see issues with the build quality (rattling noises everywhere, parts inside falling off with no apparent reason), as well as the handling (doesn't like sharp turns e.g. @ a traffic light - even when the road is dry! Rain, snow - let's not go there). Seat belt is strangling me (I'm 5.11). Passenger seat can NOT be adjusted for height, so my petite wife doesn't like to drive with me as she almost can't see outside.

Monster
By Marsh on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased this car summer 2009 so far it has only 4500 miles. The handling and performance has been exceptional and very exciting, puts you in the driving mood. I must admit I will have to change the suspension and try limiting the hood vibration somewhat. Overall with a few touches here and there, some deep dish Rim, this car should be great.

Love My Mustang
By Dennis on 06/17/10 20:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Just bought the car in March of this year and it was a NEW 2009 left over vehicle and got a great deal. I was so impressed with the overall car and how fun it is to drive and it is a real road machine! It handles great and is just a kick to be in. The seats are super comfortable and I rate this car a 10.

Totally Happy
By David Myers on 05/26/10 06:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my 8th car and is by far the most enjoyable car ownership experience I've had. There is absolutely nothing to complain about with the car that I was not aware of when buying it --- the quality of workmanship throughout is excellent, everything is tight and works perfectly. There is only one thing I dislike about the car, and I knew about it upfront -- the solid axle in back and the consequent compromise in handling. That said, I get so much joy out of owning this vehicle, I can't imagine ever selling it. I LOVE IT!

Turned a lifetime GM guy into a Ford guy
By Mike S. on 01/22/10 19:59 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned nothing but GM vehicles all my life. I don't know what GM was thinking with the new Camaro (yuk!) When Ford redesigned the Mustang in 2005, they had my attention. I finally "flipped" to Ford after comparing GM and Mopar offerings (I only purchase domestic vehicles - no imports for this guy!)and I could not be more pleased with my decision. I have the best of both worlds. The retro stlying of the sixties classics, but also the outstanding performance, handling, comfort, and reliability of a modern day vehicle. Not to mention, where else can you get this kind of car, brand new, with a V8, for 25K? Yes, the interior has a lot of plastic, but what car does not nowadays?

My 09
By Nate on 01/18/10 16:18 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very reliable car, Gas mileage isn't perect, but its a very stylish car and im really glad to have it.

Another stang to the corral
By stang68cs on 12/31/09 20:32 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Opted for a basic model so I can build it the way I want. Great gas mileage-- been averaging 27mpg on highway! Very cheap interior--too much plastic and broken parts already!!! But you get what you paid for. Great acceleration for a V6.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Mustang in VA is:

$136 per month*