Used 2009 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Would have been better off with a real horse..
By themanindbox

2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased a brand new 427R Roush. It was a Beautiful looking car, and a rocket.. But looks fade faster then fords relaibility does. This was my first New american car.. after owning a variety of Honda, Toyota, and Subaru based cars, i figured i would do the American thing and buy an american car.. Well the fact is, it is a Mexican and Canadian car.. Where as my toyota's are more american. At 56K out the door it was a huge disappointment.

0-60 in neck snapping rocket speed. With simple bolt on's and slicks it ran a low 11.24

where to start!!!??? 1. The power steering pump died at 8K miles 2. It was burning oil at 12K miles 3. Two sets of power window motors before 18K miles 4. Exhaust leaks at the manifold gaskets 5. clutch peddle broke the welds and fell off.. 6. Rattles and squeeks 7. Headlight benzles melted off, and the dealership refused to fix them under warranty, until my lawyer called. 8. 10mpg on a good day.. 9. Rear end seal started leaking at 22k miles.. Luckily sold it at 33K miles for 25K dollars.. yeah lost 31K dollars in value over 2 years.. worst POS ever.. Run if you have a choice!

My Baby
By bjorlino1

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my 2009 V6 Mustang coupe. The car is a head turner out on the open road. The "fastback" inspired exterior styling looks amazing. The interior is extremely comfortable and I love my leather seats. The ambient lighting in the cabin is a neat added touch. The car has great acceleration with 210 HP and 240 ft lbs of torque. This car is so much fun to drive. The only drawback is that the instrument panel is difficult to read at times.

Great Car
By bjorlino1

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my 2009 v6 Mustang. The car is a head turner out on the road and it is so much fun to drive. The car has amazing acceleration with 210 HP and 240 ft lbs of torgue. The interior is great with the leather seats and ambient lighting. The sound system with the Shaker 500 is awesome. The only drawback is that the instrument panel is tough to read at times. Overall it is a great car to buy!

I absolutely love the interior ambient lighting and the "fastback" style exterior.

The instrument panel could be changed to allow for easier reading of the instrument panel.

2009 Bullit - 12,000 miles later
By uwe1

2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

While I initially loved the car, and had written a rather positive review at the time, I believe 12,000 miles later my opinion has changed. While the power of the car is still outstanding, and the pricing almost unbeatable, I see issues with the build quality (rattling noises everywhere, parts inside falling off with no apparent reason), as well as the handling (doesn't like sharp turns e.g. @ a traffic light - even when the road is dry! Rain, snow - let's not go there). Seat belt is strangling me (I'm 5.11). Passenger seat can NOT be adjusted for height, so my petite wife doesn't like to drive with me as she almost can't see outside.

Power, price tag

Needs better build quality BADLY, replace the solid rear axle with something that belongs in the 21st century for crying out loud. What's the deal with the driver seat belt?! Passenger seat should accommodate people who are below average height.

Monster
By Marsh

2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased this car summer 2009 so far it has only 4500 miles. The handling and performance has been exceptional and very exciting, puts you in the driving mood. I must admit I will have to change the suspension and try limiting the hood vibration somewhat. Overall with a few touches here and there, some deep dish Rim, this car should be great.

I really like the dash board settings

Upgrade suspension, hood vibrate at high speed,