I LOVE MY CAR
By pdxcarguy on
2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
This car is a great value and Ford did a wonderful job merging classic design into a modern world. I get around 20mpg (18 if I rod around) in the city and up to 26 on the hwy. I think that the dark blue version is the best color and while my car has a grey interior and black top, I think that the best color combo is the dk blue with tan interior/top. Nevertheless, I get comments on my car all the time - this car is great for meeting people!! LOL!! I upgraded the lousy tires that Ford ships with the car - I went from being able to take a 45 mph corner at 55 to 80++!! If you test one and question it's performance I would suggest checking on the tires . . .
Favorite Features
Without question the Shaker 500 stereo is my most favorite feature - it truly is Awesome! It sounds great and blows away anyone who hears it. I can't believe that there is a more powerful version!! Something else I was impressed with was when we had a snow storm in Portland that shut the city down I found out that I could easily get around in my Mustang. I drove past SUVs that had slid into the ditch and could go up hill without a problem - in a Mustang!! The car is so well balanced that I could go anywhere without worry in a car that I figured I would have to park.
Suggested Improvements
Okay, so the reason I'm writing is because I think the electronic nanny (also know as traction control) is dangerous. While it is impressive when it is slick, it is SCARY when it is dry. In the Portland metro area we have plenty of 45mph roads that you may need to pull onto. You can't just ease onto these roads - especially in rush hour! So, when you step on the gas and expect to pull into traffic and the electronic nanny cuts the power it can be a terrifying experience!! I shut it off every time I get in the car. It should be something that defaults to OFF - I HATE that you have to turn it off instead of having to turn it on. This is a major safety flaw that I hope is corrected.
By bobec_97
on 02/28/13 23:10 PM (PST)

I have been very happy with this car. I have two problems with it. One - I bought this as a one year old certified car that was an Avis rental in Hawaii. It beeped at me when I got over 60 MPH. Had the car flashed to factory default - now it beeps at 72. Come on - this is supposed to be a Mustang!!! Anyone know how to kill this?? I am also in the Portland area (Hillsboro/Scappose) and I have never had to turn off the traction control - although I did have it save my life once on Cornilus Pass Road. Heck, every time I've had to step on the gas this baby MOVES for me. I LOVE MY STANG!!!

By bobec_97
on 02/28/13 23:13 PM (PST)

BTW, this is also a 2008 V6 convertible.