2008 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Fun on a budget

2008 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

Deluxe Coupe (4.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

Fun on a budget
By stangit08 on

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Three to four dollar a gallon gas prompted me to look for something besides my 3/4 ton truck to drive. I didn't want to spend more than $20K but still wanted something fun to drive. I seriously looked at the Solitace, Miata, and Mustang. The Pontiac and Miata were at least $8K more for compariable cars albeit they were rag tops. Ford was offering $5K in rebates bring the price down to $16K drive off. The base Mustang comes with many of the desireables that are option on the other models. I have taken two trips over two hundred miles and and averaged 30-31 mpg on both trips. Combined city/hwy driving this week averaged 24 mpg. The car is a blast to drive and looks great. I am very pleased.

Handling and styling are what I like most about the Mustang. The addition of a MP3 input and power jack in the center console are also nice additions additions. From a safety standpoint, the Mustang now has side airbags. The gauges are old style but I love them. I also like the fold down rear seats.

Use less plastic surfaces. The dash is totally black plastic. The front seat comfort could also be improved upon with very little effor and cost.