2008 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Do NOT buy a Mustang

2008 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

Do NOT buy a Mustang
By cakes5 on

2008 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought a 2008 Mustang GT last year. Big mistake. It looks pretty and is fast, but that is it. I have spent thousands of dollars on maintenance for it, having to replace part after part. Just a few days ago my engine light came on. I thought it was no big deal and I'd take it in to get checked out sometime. Well I was sitting at a red light, it turned green, I gave it gas, and it died on me. Right in the middle of the road. It started back up and as I began to drive it, it died again. I had to spend another $157 on it to get the cool air intake problem fixed. And of course the warranty has covered none of the many repairs. I had a Toyota before this car and never had these problems.

The car looks pretty and is fast. It is very unreliable and you will do nothing but pay alot of money fixing it all the time. It is a 2008, it's not like it's some old clunker. I like muscle cars and I wanted one. But the money I've spent on it is flat out rididulous. People buy newer cars so they don't have to spend alot on repairs. With a Mustang you'll have both. I am getting rid of it and getting an Acura RL. I would highly reccomend Toyota. I've had a Camry and a Highlader. They were the best cars I ever owned.

Just don't buy a Mustang.