Bullitt has great performance value
By Dave - San Jose on
2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
I just purchased #4523 in 2/09 and I love this car. I have been in the market for a new car for 5 years and I test drove many cars like the 350Z, RX8, 370Z, EVO VIII, IX, and X, all of which are very nice cars and definitly worth considering. The Bullitt is suprisingly comfortable and head space is very generous. At 6'7", this something I need to consider. Ride is firm but not overly stiff. Nothing beats the power and torque curve of a V8. The other vehicles do not have that brute force, authoritative power that the Bullitt has. Also, all of the afore mentioned vehicles require 91 octane fuel and the Bullitt does not. Bottom line: This car is fun, fast, and relitively practical.
Favorite Features
Understated retro styling make this a very attractive car. Comfortable seating and quality materials used for the interior. Let's not forget the powerplant and its wonderful exhaust note. The handling is great, especially for a car with a solid rear axle. The ability to run 87 or 91 octane fuel.
Suggested Improvements
More hp would always be nice, but realistically there is no place to use it (leagally) and I don't know if you could run 87 octane if it had more power. Cups in the cup holders get in the way when shifting.