Used 2008 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Fun, well made and economical
By Dennis

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a fun car to drive. It is well made and has much trunk space too. Most of all it is very economical for a 300hp V8. I am averaging 27 to 29 mpg at average speed of 62-65. If you want to burn the gas tromp on it and it will run and still get 22 to 23mpg. The manual works well, some mechanical noise from 1st to 2nd gear though. One rattle in the dash on right in right hand turns. Bought it $500 over cost and then deducted the Loyalty rebate of $2000 and the additional incentive of $2000 and it is practically a steal! MSRP was $31,430 and out the door for $25,330.

Body style and seats. Sound system, steering, acceleration. Fuel economy big time, and build quaity. Solid structure mostly and the big trunk with folding rear seats is a bonus. Many aftermarket goodies available too. Very good meats on the wheels too, the BF Goodrich tires are fab.

A temperature display. Put some insulation in this ride, although it would add to the bottom line. Turn up the stereo it is a good one anyway!

The Bullitt rocks
By frank bulllitt

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love the retro look and Ford did a great job on this style. I drove 1000 miles on a trip to see family and what a dream to drive, the handling is incredible. I thought that with no badges, no stripes, this car would not be a head turner. When I pulled into a gas station, someone asked, Is that the bullitt? I said yes, and all he could say was nice ride

My color feature. Bucket seats in the Bullitt are nice and comfortable. Ambient lighting, interior lights come on when it is dark so you can see to put the key in.

Air conditioning takes too long to cool down on hot days and boy does that chrome shifter get hot. My 90 Ranger is old and the AC works way better. Just for looks I wish Ford would have added the louvers on the quarter windows just to make it a little more like the 69 GT.

Bullitt Mustangs, too Cool!
By Denver Bullitt

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It is so hard to wipe the smile off my face when I get out and lock up the car. I love driving the Bullitt, amazing power, great exhaust note, and great handling. The look and feel of this car are really something, I had an 86 SVO and performance, transmission, and the overall driving experience has been improved so much. Thanks for the homerun Bullitt design team and everyone at Ford.

Power, power, and more power. Love the Bullitt gear from Ford Racing, it really makes the car sing. Particularly like plain look with no body badges. Gas mileage a surprise, had an Intrepid R/T before and this car gets similar mileage around town. 26.3 on a long trip in the Rockies.

As usual Ford interiors are their weakest point, given that, the Bullitt is better than the GT. Drop the ambient lighting not a plus. Loose Sirrius off the standard equipment list, I hate that antenna on my trunk lid, it spoils the otherwise pristine exterior, not valued here.

Fun to drive
By fordboy1954

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love driving around in my Mustang. The ride is a little harsh but then again it is a sports car. Very responsive handling and performance for a V6. Gas mileage is good considering my right foot is heavy. Got the interior upgrade and it looks great. Love the retro look since I always wanted a 69 Mustang. I have the Pony package and have tinted the windows and put the Roush quarter window covers on it looks impressive. Bottom line is it is fun to drive and doesn't cost an arm and leg. New Challenger might be more powerful but when you drive in Vegas you can only go so fast to the next red light.

Retro design. Handling and V6 performance. Gas mileage. Audio system Shaker system 500.

Option of dual exhaust and headers on V6. More aggressive front bumber on V6 model.

Very dissapointed owner, bad car.
By sadownerofbadcar

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Back in 02 I owned an LS1 z28 camaro and loved it. It had speed, looks, and its only downfall was its drivability in the winter. As a result I purchased an 05 Subuaru sti, which i also loved. However I put a lot of miles on it so I decided to trade it in, and go back to the muscle cars by getting a Ford Mustang. This is anything but a "muscle car". Maybe I've been used to cars that were actually fast, but this car isn't at all. It feels more like a v6 honestly. The looks are very nice, and the interior is ok. The drivability and handling of the car is average at best. Overall, I'm very sad that I purchased this car. It's not what I thought it would be, and I look foward to trading it in.

The exterior design

A whole new engine! This car will get smoked by the upcoming Camaro and Challenger. Sadly people will still buy the GT, thinking it is fast.