Used 2008 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

A car that makes style statement!
By OFiroz

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I imported my 2008 Black Mustang Convertible pony package from US to UAE (United Arab Emirates) being a sports car lover for years, it was my dream come true, but from the first day itself I was disappointed as far as comfy, quality and power are concerned. I thought Dodge Charger is more refined and comfortable, mustang behaved like my 1997 Ford Explorer though I thought Explorer is better in comfortability. But the moment I drop down the top it became totally different species all together. I became the center attraction, and it was fun to drive around in neighbor hood with loud music on. Better than my 1999 Camaro Convertible. All complaints are vanished!

Favorite Features

Retro; unmistakable American Muscle Car look, nice interior design (not quality), leather seats, black carbon fiber dashboard look, convertible is a winner all the way.

Suggested Improvements

C'mmon guys, V6 4ltr engine with 210 bhp? Charger has 3.5 engine with 250 bhp. If you guys doesnt want to change that ancient truck engine, please fix a turbo and increase the bhp for god sake. Comfortability is zero, though it is a sports car Ford should learn one or two from Dodge or Nissan.

Bullitt has great performance value
By Dave - San Jose

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just purchased #4523 in 2/09 and I love this car. I have been in the market for a new car for 5 years and I test drove many cars like the 350Z, RX8, 370Z, EVO VIII, IX, and X, all of which are very nice cars and definitly worth considering. The Bullitt is suprisingly comfortable and head space is very generous. At 6'7", this something I need to consider. Ride is firm but not overly stiff. Nothing beats the power and torque curve of a V8. The other vehicles do not have that brute force, authoritative power that the Bullitt has. Also, all of the afore mentioned vehicles require 91 octane fuel and the Bullitt does not. Bottom line: This car is fun, fast, and relitively practical.

Favorite Features

Understated retro styling make this a very attractive car. Comfortable seating and quality materials used for the interior. Let's not forget the powerplant and its wonderful exhaust note. The handling is great, especially for a car with a solid rear axle. The ability to run 87 or 91 octane fuel.

Suggested Improvements

More hp would always be nice, but realistically there is no place to use it (leagally) and I don't know if you could run 87 octane if it had more power. Cups in the cup holders get in the way when shifting.

DON'T BUY FORD
By Dustang

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First and last FORD I'll never buy a Ford again! I agree with everything the editor said in his review about the mustang, it's a really nice car for the first 5,000 miles or so. Check out the TSB service bulletins for the mustang before you buy one! Many problems, engine misfire, water leaks by the buckets from dashboard, auto tranny failures,can't fill gas tank,and Ford is the worst at fixing the problems. They give it the sunshine treatment for the expensive problems until your warranty is up. I have replaced the trans, a/c comp, alternator, 3-batteries, power steering pump, and more!

Favorite Features

It would be a really cool car if Honda, or Toyota had built it. The All-American Sports car is 65% made in Mexico and China.

Suggested Improvements

GET another auto maker to build it! RE-THINK MUSTANG

Bullitt Mustang gets it right
By mrolfers

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Ford got the Bulllitt Mustang right in so many ways: I love the low-key, retro styling cues throughout. No stripes, no fins, no flames, and very little chrome. Slick shifter, engine pulls hard, and has a satisfying muscle car exhaust note. I owned an '86 GT and this thing handles like it's from another planet. You can actually throw it around curves without the rear end breaking loose at the slightest tap on the gas. Excellent seats and very comfortable on a couple of 300 mile road trips. I'd like another 200+ HP or so, as the car does run out of power before I'd like, but I couldn't afford the Shelby GT 500. I rarely get to drive it that hard, so it's a mild criticism.

Favorite Features

Bullitt package extras well worth it. Front seats are spot on for a 6'/200 lb. guy. Engine and shifter just beg you to drive it hard. My two kids fit in the back seats. Ipod jack in the console is nice. Sound great. Understated styling works for a 40 year old.

Suggested Improvements

The two cupholders in the center console are a joke. If you actually put a drink in them, it blocks the shifter. Needs a telescopic steering wheel. The car arrived from the factory with a malfunctioning stereo and an annoying squeak from somewhere in the back when driving over bumpy roads.

A graduation present
By Ryne Mitchell

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

As far as comfortably priced and comfortably equip sports/muscle cars go this is the best I have ever driven. With leather and an appearance package tacked on to this little V6 you don't need much more. With 210 horsepower (I'd argue there was more) this V6 will kick any little 4 banger out there to the curb while not quite being dangerously powerful. If your looking for power and style with a reliable name and company look no further.

Favorite Features

Responsive acceleration in any gear, air vent design (found myself playing with them at stop lights), and customizable gauge color.

Suggested Improvements

A reluctance to turn at increasing speeds with chattering and chirping tires, cold weather causes the car some problems in shifting out of low gears, and police seem to follow you regardless of how you are driving. (I personally had one pull me over for nothing, just told me he liked my car.)