Used 2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Most Helpful|
'08 Bullitt
By Rusty

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Looks and sounds great. Got the Ford end-of-year discount and the X-plan discount. Overall saved about 7K off MSRP!! Very fun to drive, but wish it had a few more ponies under the hood to compete with the new Camaros and Dodges. Fifth Mustang I've owned and by far my favorite.

Favorite Features

Extremely fun to drive. Exhaust note is intoxicating. Dark Highland Green in the sunshine looks great.

Suggested Improvements

Plastic exterior lower trim is flimsy. Shaker 500 stereo OK, but rattles the door panels. Cup holder too close to shifter - anything larger than a 12oz soda can and it impedes shifting.

So much more for so much less money
By Dennis

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

A great car! It is what it is a pony car with grunt,style and flair. I get positive comments from 10 to 80 year old guys and dolls. My Acura rarely gets attention like the Mustang!

Favorite Features

Power from the small block V8. Handles well for a solid rear axle..just don't over do it in the hard corners with bumps.Very good fuel economy. Sound of the engine/exhaust.Ride, seats, shaker 500 is good, build quality, paint, 18 inch polished wheels,easy to maintain, tires,are all very good.

Suggested Improvements

Hard plastics, more interior chrome touches (most after market bling bling is available out there to your liking). A independent rear( at more cost though). A lot of upgrades in power, styling, handling,braking are out there if you wish to add on. Have fun and join the Mustang Club of America.

My first Mustang!
By justinc8

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've always wanted to own a muscle car and Mustangs always seemed to intrigue me the most. I didn't have much knowledge about automotive performance before I bought this car, I should've done more research but I do not regret my purchase. This car is VERY fun to drive on the street. I know 300 horsepower isn't much in today's standards but don't let that number fool you. The car does still pack a punch. Gas isn't so bad either, of course when buying a car like this that shouldn't really matter. I average about 19mpg. Ride quality is decent but not horrible. The seats are nice and comfortable which is a plus. Bottom line, the car is nice and extremely fun to drive!

Favorite Features

The car is very easy to maintain, I mean c'mon it's a Ford! I've also put a few mods on it which make it more of a thrill to drive. I installed a pair of Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs and those really take the sound of this car to whole new level. I have a few other things done do it and more to come!

Suggested Improvements

The quality of the interior isn't the best, lots of plastic everywhere. But that's not why I bought this car. For some people that may be an issue though. The transmission can be a little noisy at times.

Bullitt = Knock Out!
By SIlverback

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The Bullitt Package on the 2008 Mustang makes the car a road racing machine right from the factory. The upgrades transform the car into a fun to drive and great looking machine.

Favorite Features

The Dark Highland Green (DHG) and no rear spoiler. Plus the 18-inch wheels are very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Put a spare tire in the package. Comes w/ an inflation kit. This is unacceptable.

2008 Bullitt
By Jeff--San Diego

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is an absolute blast to drive. Who ever said American car companies don't build cars people want? I will line up any Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc. against this baby. For the price it can't be beat. First off the torque is unbelievable. HP is immediately available. No need to wind this baby up. You won't want to play the excellent 500 watt Shaker stereo radio as the exhaust note is the best sound you will ever hear. I test drove 20 different cars but when I got in this one I knew I was going to have to purchase it. Very easy to have fun driving around town and you will get 17-24 mpg on 87 octane. Fill the tank with 91 octane and hold onto your seat.

Favorite Features

Favorite feature is the awesome torque and HP of this free breathing engine. The exhaust note is just right. Not to loud but powerful enough to say it means business.

Suggested Improvements

It would have been nice if the console between the seats was a little more useable but I guess that is the price you pay to drive a sweet machine like this one.