Used 2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Very dissapointed owner, bad car.
By sadownerofbadcar

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Back in 02 I owned an LS1 z28 camaro and loved it. It had speed, looks, and its only downfall was its drivability in the winter. As a result I purchased an 05 Subuaru sti, which i also loved. However I put a lot of miles on it so I decided to trade it in, and go back to the muscle cars by getting a Ford Mustang. This is anything but a "muscle car". Maybe I've been used to cars that were actually fast, but this car isn't at all. It feels more like a v6 honestly. The looks are very nice, and the interior is ok. The drivability and handling of the car is average at best. Overall, I'm very sad that I purchased this car. It's not what I thought it would be, and I look foward to trading it in.

Favorite Features

The exterior design

Suggested Improvements

A whole new engine! This car will get smoked by the upcoming Camaro and Challenger. Sadly people will still buy the GT, thinking it is fast.

Bullitt
By cannonball

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bullitt Limited Edition: I can't take my hands off the steering wheel, this is fun to drive! No longer just a secretary car, Mustang is back with muscle, and character. My Bullitt is getting over 25 mpg, 1800 miles, mostly highway driving at steady 60 mph. Its a hybred of sorts, burns gas, and rubber! Folks in town have noticed, and it attracts attention everywhere i go. Two guys went to the Ford dealer to ask; "What's that dark green Mustang driving around town?" And Ford dealer sold two more in the last two weeks. If you haven't seen the movie "Bullitt", do so, then test drive, you don't need a turtleneck and sport jacket.

Favorite Features

Handling, style, & character

Suggested Improvements

Quarter window side louvers as per McQueen's original Bullitt Mustang.

Surprising Package
By NocFlite21

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I was entirely surprised with all this car has to offer (GT Premium). The seating and layout is so much more comfortable than my last sportscar (Porsche Boxster), the interior design is ergonomically well designed, and the on board computer is easy to operate and really helps squeeze out the mpg. Additionally, the power of the engine is incredible, this car performs and drives like nothing I've ever tested. I've never been a Ford type, and I was looking at Corvettes before I test drove the Mustang. But when you consider the vast price difference and the better livability of the Mustang, it's just an amazing value.

Favorite Features

I really like the ability to change between 125 colors on the instrument backlight. But my favorite feature has to be getting 29mpg out of a V8 (just keep it under 60mph), especially one that uses only 87 octane!

Suggested Improvements

Hard to improve upon such great performance and value.

Dream Fulfilled
By Dream Fulfilled

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Always wanted a Mustang (except yrs 94 to 04). Great exhaust note, great burnout ability, great launch with 3:55/MT. Always brings a smile when I can drive it. Wish I could manage more MPG, getting about 16mpg with mixed driving conditions and up to 18 on the highway after 3 months and 2000 miles.

Favorite Features

Retro styling, V8 sound and power. Really fun and stress relieving.

Suggested Improvements

Better MPG with the same power. We have been able to continually advance the horsepower ratings with the same MPG. Philosophy should be reversed, keep the 300 horse and get 25mpg

2008 Mustang GT California Special
By L. Archambeault

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I use my GT/CS as a toy, just for special occasions or just to cruise in good weather. I owned a Blue 1965 Mustang 2+2 fastback in 1969, got my orders for Vietnam, then sold the car. I ordered my car due to the retro look, I love it. Vista Blue with all the goodies. I am disappointed in the lack of a quality clear coat on the paint. I have less than 1200 miles on the car, with 2 paint chips on the hood, plus a pebble put a ding in my windshield. I love the 2-tone charcoal and parchment interior. I feel 19 years old again, she is a keeper !

Favorite Features

Ambient lighting, 2-tone interior, satelight radio, leather interior with leather steering wheel. I have added a few upgrade mods to the car, plenty of pep for me. I still get 23 mpg with an a/t. FRPP X-pipe, Borla Stingers, FRPP Bullit CAI w/ premium tune. She drives great and looks fantastic.

Suggested Improvements

Put more clearcoat on the paint! Antenna on fender takes away from the profile of the car, put the antenna in the glass, heck I took my antenna off, then fabricated a fake power antenna look for a lower profile effect. I use Sirius radio, I never use my AM/FM radio.