Used 2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Bullitt Mustangs, too Cool!
By Denver Bullitt

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It is so hard to wipe the smile off my face when I get out and lock up the car. I love driving the Bullitt, amazing power, great exhaust note, and great handling. The look and feel of this car are really something, I had an 86 SVO and performance, transmission, and the overall driving experience has been improved so much. Thanks for the homerun Bullitt design team and everyone at Ford.

Power, power, and more power. Love the Bullitt gear from Ford Racing, it really makes the car sing. Particularly like plain look with no body badges. Gas mileage a surprise, had an Intrepid R/T before and this car gets similar mileage around town. 26.3 on a long trip in the Rockies.

As usual Ford interiors are their weakest point, given that, the Bullitt is better than the GT. Drop the ambient lighting not a plus. Loose Sirrius off the standard equipment list, I hate that antenna on my trunk lid, it spoils the otherwise pristine exterior, not valued here.

Very dissapointed owner, bad car.
By sadownerofbadcar

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Back in 02 I owned an LS1 z28 camaro and loved it. It had speed, looks, and its only downfall was its drivability in the winter. As a result I purchased an 05 Subuaru sti, which i also loved. However I put a lot of miles on it so I decided to trade it in, and go back to the muscle cars by getting a Ford Mustang. This is anything but a "muscle car". Maybe I've been used to cars that were actually fast, but this car isn't at all. It feels more like a v6 honestly. The looks are very nice, and the interior is ok. The drivability and handling of the car is average at best. Overall, I'm very sad that I purchased this car. It's not what I thought it would be, and I look foward to trading it in.

The exterior design

A whole new engine! This car will get smoked by the upcoming Camaro and Challenger. Sadly people will still buy the GT, thinking it is fast.

Bullitt
By cannonball

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bullitt Limited Edition: I can't take my hands off the steering wheel, this is fun to drive! No longer just a secretary car, Mustang is back with muscle, and character. My Bullitt is getting over 25 mpg, 1800 miles, mostly highway driving at steady 60 mph. Its a hybred of sorts, burns gas, and rubber! Folks in town have noticed, and it attracts attention everywhere i go. Two guys went to the Ford dealer to ask; "What's that dark green Mustang driving around town?" And Ford dealer sold two more in the last two weeks. If you haven't seen the movie "Bullitt", do so, then test drive, you don't need a turtleneck and sport jacket.

Handling, style, & character

Quarter window side louvers as per McQueen's original Bullitt Mustang.

Surprising Package
By NocFlite21

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I was entirely surprised with all this car has to offer (GT Premium). The seating and layout is so much more comfortable than my last sportscar (Porsche Boxster), the interior design is ergonomically well designed, and the on board computer is easy to operate and really helps squeeze out the mpg. Additionally, the power of the engine is incredible, this car performs and drives like nothing I've ever tested. I've never been a Ford type, and I was looking at Corvettes before I test drove the Mustang. But when you consider the vast price difference and the better livability of the Mustang, it's just an amazing value.

I really like the ability to change between 125 colors on the instrument backlight. But my favorite feature has to be getting 29mpg out of a V8 (just keep it under 60mph), especially one that uses only 87 octane!

Hard to improve upon such great performance and value.

Dream Fulfilled
By Dream Fulfilled

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Always wanted a Mustang (except yrs 94 to 04). Great exhaust note, great burnout ability, great launch with 3:55/MT. Always brings a smile when I can drive it. Wish I could manage more MPG, getting about 16mpg with mixed driving conditions and up to 18 on the highway after 3 months and 2000 miles.

Retro styling, V8 sound and power. Really fun and stress relieving.

Better MPG with the same power. We have been able to continually advance the horsepower ratings with the same MPG. Philosophy should be reversed, keep the 300 horse and get 25mpg