2008 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Nothing like a clean black car
By multimaticford on 10/16/08 13:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I am 19 years old and own my dream car. Evertime I look at it in the parking lot I think what a cool car, then realize it's mine. Magazines complain about the handling, but the stock tires are rock hard since Ford expects people to actually drive the car unlike other manufacturers (this means they last longer). For the price you simply can't beat the performance you get back in return. As far as the interior, I think the design is brilliant and very clean looking, but most peoples complaints are the materials being on the harder side. Even though Ford sells 130K of these a year, people still smile and wave when you drive by.

Great car--needs refinement.
By Steve on 10/08/08 12:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. I have the 5 speed automatic and it performs without trouble. Sure the gas mileage isn't that great, but really, who would expect that from a muscle car? The only trouble is the really noisy top latches. The rattle like crazy with the top up. At first, no rattles, but as the weeks went by, the latches were rattling like crazy. Ford replaced them and they were fine for a while, now they are rattling again.

Bullitt = Knock Out!
By SIlverback on 09/27/08 05:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The Bullitt Package on the 2008 Mustang makes the car a road racing machine right from the factory. The upgrades transform the car into a fun to drive and great looking machine.

Fun To Drive!
By Luis on 09/11/08 08:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've been wanting a Mustang for as long I can remember. I always wanted an older classic one, but they have become too expensive. I finally bought one this year and I love it. She rarely gets out since I drive my company truck most often. But when I do take her out on Sundays I'm amazed how nice she drives and how sporty she looks. I wouldn't change my Stang for anything.

Not a Camaro
By rayyanko on 09/07/08 06:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first Ford, I am a GM man. I wanted a sports car convertible, made in America. This was my only choice. I don't understand why Ford doesn't make Mustangs stock that is high performance. Yes you can purchase from Saleen, Rouch, etc, with all the goodies, why not from Ford, at least as options. I added a hurst shifter, chrome 20" wheels, side stripes, things to make it look better. I must admitt I do get a lot of "Nice Car" comments. Probably because I have over 100 coats of wax on it. Mine is a candy apple red. I do love the sound system, I wished they had a hood scoop on my car, even though it was a fake. It does look good. I purchased this car off the lot. My Camaro was fast

Better than a Lambo
By Alex on 09/03/08 13:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I work downtown Los Angeles and park at the country club with all sorts of exotic cars, let alone your M6s, S8s etc., but the valet guys favor my car. The people from GAS (Pimp my ride) spruced it up with 20 inch Boss wheels, Bassani exhaust, cold air in- take, computer chip and Eibach lowered suspension. In all I've spent an extra 10k on extras and it was well worth it. This care simply can't sit still and it's made to gun it with a mighty roar. I'd only wish I would have used the 1,200 bucks for the stereo and gotten an after-market system.

Nothing else like it
By Redstang on 09/02/08 14:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have been wanting a Mustang since I rented twice on business trips over the past few years. The car is just 100% fun to drive and own. People smile when you pass by and my kids think Dad is the coolest. The car handles well for an solid axle performance car. The ride is not rock hard but firm. Gas mileage is actually decent getting between 19-25 mpg if you keep a light foot. Push the pedal and watch the car go! If you need even more power get the 500 HP Shelby GT500. This will do the job on your Hemi Challenger and the new Camaro. The 18" rims and tires are a must, they fill out the wheel wells nicely. Shaker 500 audio is almost audiophile quality. Have fun!

Fun,Fun, Fun!
By Dennis on 08/25/08 16:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This a wonderful coupe the drive. Build is top notch and love the fuel economy for a V8. (27-29mpg)! The sound system is fabulous as well. Like the large trunk for this size pony and the flip down back seats is a bonus too. The structure is sound, great road manners with some hop on turns when hitting a bump. Braking is top notch. Steering is easy and controlled. The car has much appeal.

So fun to drive!
By Whoa! on 08/22/08 05:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My Mustang GT is so fun to drive! The interior is very comfortable and classy and the ambient lighting is just plain cool. I am most impressed by the driving experience. Such quick response and smooth ride. Absolutely a blast to drive!

Fun, well made and economical
By Dennis on 08/21/08 16:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a fun car to drive. It is well made and has much trunk space too. Most of all it is very economical for a 300hp V8. I am averaging 27 to 29 mpg at average speed of 62-65. If you want to burn the gas tromp on it and it will run and still get 22 to 23mpg. The manual works well, some mechanical noise from 1st to 2nd gear though. One rattle in the dash on right in right hand turns. Bought it $500 over cost and then deducted the Loyalty rebate of $2000 and the additional incentive of $2000 and it is practically a steal! MSRP was $31,430 and out the door for $25,330.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Ford Mustang in NJ is:

$241 per month*