2008 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
A Mopar Guy likes a Ford
By Eric on 05/06/08 12:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I was looking forward to an 08 Dodge Challenger, but the dealerships were going to gouge me. I decided to look at a car to drive for a couple of years and decided on the Mustang GT in Vapor w/Foose wheels and Roush exhaust. It is quick,handles great, has comfoprtable seats and the styling is great; both inside and out. The 3:55 gears pull the car hard but offer a great compromise for general driving. If the car continues to be this strong and is reliable, I may keep it and forget the Challenger.

Great 08 GT
By JGober on 05/02/08 08:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is my daily driver and it is a fun to drive car. Torque is awesome it will even squall tires in 2nd with traction control on. Interior is decent although mainly built from plastic. I would advise spending the $460 for the upgrade package. I get 23 mpg everywhere I drive although I do take it kind of easy and I drive a manual. Power from V8 is great hard to keep from flooring it all the time. Shaker 500 really Shakes interior and your eardrums. Exterior looks great. I love the late 60s early 70s throwback style. Exhaust sounds great even stock. Sounds the way a V8 should. The ride is good. Sometimes bumpy on rough roads but hey its a sports car. Handles great really hugs curves well.

Silver beauty
By dk on 04/14/08 17:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Mustang and first GT. I love the sound, though I wish the automatic shift was a lot firmer. Very difficult to squeal tires. I do have a nagging dash noise, the same problem I had in the 05 V6. The exterior styling is great and the new silver vapour paint looks amazing in the sunlight. Might get some tuning done for some better shifting performance. Gas mileage in the V6 was a little bit better, but then I didn't drive the V6 like I do this one.

2008 Stang GT
By Stevie on 04/08/08 21:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is one fun car to drive, I traded in a BMW 330 ci convertible. The quality if not of a BMW but, it's also half the price. For the money the Mustang is the best deal out there. I owned a lot of Mustangs in the past, and you can't compre this one to the past stangs, the performace is outstanding. The old school look was very smart, if Ford keeps this good work up, I might even buy Ford stock.

2008 Mustang Bullitt - Loads of Fun
By Art on 03/31/08 16:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased my Dark Highland Green 2008 Mustang Bullitt in Feb '08 at the urging of my 18 year old son. I already have 3,000 miles on it. It has a lot of power, a great muffler sound, excellent handling, and it is getting 22-23 MPG using regular gas in mixed freeway (rush hour) / city driving, even while "testing" the power a few times each trip. I have had a lot of fun cars over the years (69 Charger RT, MINI Cooper S, etc.), and this is the most fun car I have owned, by far.

Bite the Bullitt
By JackDW on 03/26/08 12:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased one or the special edition Bullitt Mustangs. What a fantastic car. Lack of emblems, no spoiler, black wheels, but the big pipes coming out of the back tells it all. Wanted a green metallic car and this is the only Mustang made in that color. Price is extremeley low for what you get and mileage much higher then expected (not great but higher then exected for this type of car). Anyone looking for a low price sports cars, check this one out. Hurry they are limited editions.

Good Times
By Virginia 2008 GT on 03/18/08 23:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

In the year 1999 I bought my first Mustang GT. After installing the K & N air filter and the Tornado I enjoyed the many days of burn outs that I would do. In February 2008 I traded the 1999 GT for the 2008 GT. I also put the same set up on the 2008. The 2008 rides smooth, it quiet on the inside and fast. I get about 19 mpg in the city and about 28 mpg on the highway. I am proud to be a Mustang owner.

Unbelievable
By torinotroy on 03/06/08 23:42 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

A step up from the GT. From the moment I sat in it, I knew I had to have it. This is coming from a guy who owned 2 Vettes in the past! The seat hugs you, the power shocked me. I've also owned a 1996 Cobra- this thing would maul it. At first glance my car looks like a six cylinder Stang, in fact that's what I thought it was...negative. Also love the fact there's no badges-except for the ponys on the rims and BULLITT faux gas cap on the rear panel. The shaker 1000 sound system is louder than the Bose system in previous cars I've owned (a big plus for me!). The fact that it's 1 of 7000 is reason enough to invest in one, in my opinion, bang for buck, unbeatable.

Great car but squeaks and groans
By David on 03/05/08 12:47 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

For the money this has to be the best performance car available today. This is my second Mustang and when it comes to performance it really screams while delivering great fuel mileage from regular gas. It handles very good and actually is very comfortable on long trips. It does have a fault however. The gearshift lever vibrates and resonates when accelerating which takes away from the otherwise pleasant experience. It also has periodic squeaks and rattles from the front that just can not be found. Drives me crazy and the dealer can not find or even agree that the sounds exist. Ford needs to fix this, my 88 Mustang had none of this noise and it was on a worse platform?

08 Mustang Bullitt
By JVTiger on 03/04/08 11:34 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Balance is the keyword for this car. Handling, power, comfort are all in sync. I've driven only BMW's for the past 20 years and was surprised at how refined this car is. I am a tall guy...visibilty and ease of getting in and out are better than my 5 series BMW. Even though it is a stealth looking car, don't get it if you don't want to answer lots of questions. Everyone wants to talk about it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.