2008 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
DON'T BUY FORD
By Dustang on 03/03/09 06:25 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First and last FORD I'll never buy a Ford again! I agree with everything the editor said in his review about the mustang, it's a really nice car for the first 5,000 miles or so. Check out the TSB service bulletins for the mustang before you buy one! Many problems, engine misfire, water leaks by the buckets from dashboard, auto tranny failures,can't fill gas tank,and Ford is the worst at fixing the problems. They give it the sunshine treatment for the expensive problems until your warranty is up. I have replaced the trans, a/c comp, alternator, 3-batteries, power steering pump, and more!

Bullitt Mustang gets it right
By mrolfers on 02/24/09 22:47 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Ford got the Bulllitt Mustang right in so many ways: I love the low-key, retro styling cues throughout. No stripes, no fins, no flames, and very little chrome. Slick shifter, engine pulls hard, and has a satisfying muscle car exhaust note. I owned an '86 GT and this thing handles like it's from another planet. You can actually throw it around curves without the rear end breaking loose at the slightest tap on the gas. Excellent seats and very comfortable on a couple of 300 mile road trips. I'd like another 200+ HP or so, as the car does run out of power before I'd like, but I couldn't afford the Shelby GT 500. I rarely get to drive it that hard, so it's a mild criticism.

A graduation present
By Ryne Mitchell on 02/05/09 23:09 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

As far as comfortably priced and comfortably equip sports/muscle cars go this is the best I have ever driven. With leather and an appearance package tacked on to this little V6 you don't need much more. With 210 horsepower (I'd argue there was more) this V6 will kick any little 4 banger out there to the curb while not quite being dangerously powerful. If your looking for power and style with a reliable name and company look no further.

2008 Bullitt
By Jeff--San Diego on 01/16/09 21:04 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is an absolute blast to drive. Who ever said American car companies don't build cars people want? I will line up any Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc. against this baby. For the price it can't be beat. First off the torque is unbelievable. HP is immediately available. No need to wind this baby up. You won't want to play the excellent 500 watt Shaker stereo radio as the exhaust note is the best sound you will ever hear. I test drove 20 different cars but when I got in this one I knew I was going to have to purchase it. Very easy to have fun driving around town and you will get 17-24 mpg on 87 octane. Fill the tank with 91 octane and hold onto your seat.

Only one of its kind
By Barryg on 12/24/08 14:01 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

If you want a mean sounding, torque pounding, rumbling V8 with a 5 speed (like I did), with modern day comfort, the Mustang GT is it. Leather seats are comfortable. I installed 3.73 gears, lowered the car 1.5 inches with Ford racing springs and added the FRPP GTA axleback mufflers that come on the Bullitt Mustang. The car is set up the way it should be and with the mods, still under $26K. The GT is raw and the ride is a little on the rough side but it's so much fine to drive. Gas mileage for me is around 20 overall. If you want quiet and refined look elsewhere. If you want a solid fun RWD V8 at a great price with unlimited aftermarket support, get the GT. No regrets at all!

Bullitt Brings Back Muscle Car Basics
By Craig Brown on 12/13/08 20:40 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned a few Mustangs and typically leave the exterior plain and spend the time and effort on modifying the engine and suspension. My wife and I both saw a 2008 Bullitt in the Highland Green and were immediately drawn to the car's understated simplicity of styling that made the cars we loved as teenagers such classics. Then I drove one! The changes are subtle from the 2006 GT I have been driving for 3 years, but the suspension is firmer and the shifter is more precise. The power difference negligible over the GT, but the car just looks and sounds right. If you grew up driving V-8 muscle cars in the 60's and 70's (or wanted to and couldn't afford to), this is your car!

After Grand Marquis, Thunderbird, F-250
By andy - i'm only 16 on 11/12/08 19:53 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have the V6 deluxe auto. Its performance does not equal the T-bird but it costs much less. The ride is not as smooth as the Marquis but it's not luxury or as expensive. It handles much better than the diesel F-250 but that's expected. Sometimes the manual adjustment for the chairs gets annoying especially while driving but I guess drivers should adjust everything first. Cruise control is very precise and simple and even thought the media controls aren't mounted on the wheel, they are still very close. I control radio etc with my wrist resting on the stick. A bit bumpy but great handling

Fun on a budget
By stangit08 on 10/30/08 21:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Three to four dollar a gallon gas prompted me to look for something besides my 3/4 ton truck to drive. I didn't want to spend more than $20K but still wanted something fun to drive. I seriously looked at the Solitace, Miata, and Mustang. The Pontiac and Miata were at least $8K more for compariable cars albeit they were rag tops. Ford was offering $5K in rebates bring the price down to $16K drive off. The base Mustang comes with many of the desireables that are option on the other models. I have taken two trips over two hundred miles and and averaged 30-31 mpg on both trips. Combined city/hwy driving this week averaged 24 mpg. The car is a blast to drive and looks great. I am very pleased.

Love it
By MirCheques on 10/23/08 05:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love to drive this car. It's my first muscle car (after owning 335 horsepower Audi A8, 231 horsepower VW Touareg and 400 horsepower BMW 7 series) and I have to say that I'm really impressed. I knew not to expect much from the interior (comparing to the German cars I've owned), but I never expected the car to be so fun, so fast and so...drivable.

Great car for the money
By Rick on 10/21/08 16:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a 2008 mustang V-6 base model in Vapor silver. The car looks great, is quite comfortable, is well equiped and performs very well (for a v-6 5speed). I have had BMWs, A Corvette C-6, and some other great cars, and this little Mustang measures up against them quite well. Very nice car for the money!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.