Used 2008 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Nice Pony
By Robbymoon

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my very first car, this 2008 Mustang V6. The exterior looks great and is very eye catchy. The performance is good for a V6. If your not much of a racer like me, this is the perfect car. Its hard to not floor it. I don't have TCS so i don't get the best gas mileage but I don't mind, after all, it's a sports car. I would recommend this to anybody. No matter what age.

The exterior and interior design. The layout of the engine bay. (except the location of the oil filter) The power.

Material for interior. The oil filter spot.

one year 26 thousand
By bob 46

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

well it's been one year 26 thousand miles.Did road trip in January from R.I. to Punta Gord Fla, all together 4000 miles. average speed 75-85,Okay don't report me!! got a solid 25 miles per gallon. Did have both traction control sensors go. Add K&N cold air intake/Pypes duel exhaust and power flash SCT tuner basic 87 octane. It's my daily ride didn't want to screw with it to much.Also many brush aluminum interior and on pieces.With resent engine upgrades highway millage has increased to 28mpg at 65mph. I been very happy with her so far.. will up date next year. Have fun their a great car's for the money..

look's, handling,power.

?????

'08 Bullitt
By Rusty

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Looks and sounds great. Got the Ford end-of-year discount and the X-plan discount. Overall saved about 7K off MSRP!! Very fun to drive, but wish it had a few more ponies under the hood to compete with the new Camaros and Dodges. Fifth Mustang I've owned and by far my favorite.

Extremely fun to drive. Exhaust note is intoxicating. Dark Highland Green in the sunshine looks great.

Plastic exterior lower trim is flimsy. Shaker 500 stereo OK, but rattles the door panels. Cup holder too close to shifter - anything larger than a 12oz soda can and it impedes shifting.

Reliable and Fun
By Greybeard-FL

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my Pony when my old Dodge mini- van finally gave up the ghost. Use it as a daily driver. Now have 63K miles. Reliable and fun transportation. V6 is peppy and quick to respond. No mechanical issues to date - only costs are normal maintenance. very pleased with Ford, and this mustang has been a worthwhile investment. I have nothing negative to say about the car. Drove from FL to KS and avg 31 mpg @ 75mph the entire trip (1500 miles each way)

5 speed manual, handling, fuel economy, classic looks (inside and out)

none..

Mustang Bullitt
By Jeff

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Does anyone make a better, more fun to drive car than this for the money? Plenty of power, great brakes, and handling. Gas mileage is greatly improved over my 5.0L. You can use 87- 91 octane. Feels a little more edgy with the high octane stuff but not essential for driveability. Great leather GT500 seats. The Tremec 5 speed is a dream.

Handling, acceleration, brakes, seats, and 500 Watt Shaker stereo radio. The exhaust note is a symphony of power and performance. The fact that you can fill up with 87 Octane unlike most high performance Japanese cars that require 89 or 91 Octane.

More storage areas and a less intrusive center console. The cup holders are too close to the shifter.