Used 2008 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

DON'T BUY FORD
By Dustang

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First and last FORD I'll never buy a Ford again! I agree with everything the editor said in his review about the mustang, it's a really nice car for the first 5,000 miles or so. Check out the TSB service bulletins for the mustang before you buy one! Many problems, engine misfire, water leaks by the buckets from dashboard, auto tranny failures,can't fill gas tank,and Ford is the worst at fixing the problems. They give it the sunshine treatment for the expensive problems until your warranty is up. I have replaced the trans, a/c comp, alternator, 3-batteries, power steering pump, and more!

Favorite Features

It would be a really cool car if Honda, or Toyota had built it. The All-American Sports car is 65% made in Mexico and China.

Suggested Improvements

GET another auto maker to build it! RE-THINK MUSTANG

My 4th Mustang
By Briten88

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

4th Mustang, 1st V6, disappointing fuel mileage, my 4.6 got better. Big improvement interior and exterior from previous design, fit and finish much better also. Looking forward to trading on a 2011 with the 3.7 L v6.

Favorite Features

Heated Leather seats, 500 watt sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy with v6 (2011), lower belt line.

First American Car
By movieguy

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'll start by saying that the largest engine I'd ever had on a car before was a 2.0l Golf and I thought that that was obscene. I'm European, we pay close to $9 for a gallon of gas, we're used to being frugal. But I;m loving the Mustang. Sure there's an annoying leather on leather buzz from the manual stick shift and a really annoying creak from the left a pillar but it looks great, cruises like a dream and the Shaker 500 system is great; I even manage an average of 26mpg (75 - 25 highway - town) so I'm far from disappointed with this

Favorite Features

Love that satellite radio, the shift stick throw is great, the heater a boom and there's enough power when I need it (60 - 80 mph)

Suggested Improvements

Single piece dash to cut down on those creaks and moans. More advanced suspension to make it more 'chuckable'. Aluminum diet to make it lighter and more responsive

Fun on a budget
By stangit08

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Three to four dollar a gallon gas prompted me to look for something besides my 3/4 ton truck to drive. I didn't want to spend more than $20K but still wanted something fun to drive. I seriously looked at the Solitace, Miata, and Mustang. The Pontiac and Miata were at least $8K more for compariable cars albeit they were rag tops. Ford was offering $5K in rebates bring the price down to $16K drive off. The base Mustang comes with many of the desireables that are option on the other models. I have taken two trips over two hundred miles and and averaged 30-31 mpg on both trips. Combined city/hwy driving this week averaged 24 mpg. The car is a blast to drive and looks great. I am very pleased.

Favorite Features

Handling and styling are what I like most about the Mustang. The addition of a MP3 input and power jack in the center console are also nice additions additions. From a safety standpoint, the Mustang now has side airbags. The gauges are old style but I love them. I also like the fold down rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Use less plastic surfaces. The dash is totally black plastic. The front seat comfort could also be improved upon with very little effor and cost.

think before you buy
By Roger Snyder

2008 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

this car was bought new sight unseen,What a mistake.Interior has little to no design.If you like plastic you will love the interior because other than the uncomfortable seats it is all plastic.Cup holders are non functional in the standard shift model.The back seats serve no purpose.exterior look is ok but needs some accents.Handling is not very good at higher speeds.Engine has some power but nowhere near as responsive as the older models.(2000 and older)The best way to describe the ride is to drive a dump truck with concrete wheels.Needless to say the 2008 mustang gt is not a good choice.Try the new chevy camaro,better looks and more speed.

Favorite Features

exterior?

Suggested Improvements

Interior design and quality.Better handling.Improve engine response