2008 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Very dissapointed owner, bad car.
By sadownerofbadcar on 07/09/08 23:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Back in 02 I owned an LS1 z28 camaro and loved it. It had speed, looks, and its only downfall was its drivability in the winter. As a result I purchased an 05 Subuaru sti, which i also loved. However I put a lot of miles on it so I decided to trade it in, and go back to the muscle cars by getting a Ford Mustang. This is anything but a "muscle car". Maybe I've been used to cars that were actually fast, but this car isn't at all. It feels more like a v6 honestly. The looks are very nice, and the interior is ok. The drivability and handling of the car is average at best. Overall, I'm very sad that I purchased this car. It's not what I thought it would be, and I look foward to trading it in.

Bullitt
By cannonball on 06/29/08 09:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bullitt Limited Edition: I can't take my hands off the steering wheel, this is fun to drive! No longer just a secretary car, Mustang is back with muscle, and character. My Bullitt is getting over 25 mpg, 1800 miles, mostly highway driving at steady 60 mph. Its a hybred of sorts, burns gas, and rubber! Folks in town have noticed, and it attracts attention everywhere i go. Two guys went to the Ford dealer to ask; "What's that dark green Mustang driving around town?" And Ford dealer sold two more in the last two weeks. If you haven't seen the movie "Bullitt", do so, then test drive, you don't need a turtleneck and sport jacket.

Surprising Package
By NocFlite21 on 06/18/08 22:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I was entirely surprised with all this car has to offer (GT Premium). The seating and layout is so much more comfortable than my last sportscar (Porsche Boxster), the interior design is ergonomically well designed, and the on board computer is easy to operate and really helps squeeze out the mpg. Additionally, the power of the engine is incredible, this car performs and drives like nothing I've ever tested. I've never been a Ford type, and I was looking at Corvettes before I test drove the Mustang. But when you consider the vast price difference and the better livability of the Mustang, it's just an amazing value.

Dream Fulfilled
By Dream Fulfilled on 06/14/08 20:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Always wanted a Mustang (except yrs 94 to 04). Great exhaust note, great burnout ability, great launch with 3:55/MT. Always brings a smile when I can drive it. Wish I could manage more MPG, getting about 16mpg with mixed driving conditions and up to 18 on the highway after 3 months and 2000 miles.

2008 Mustang GT California Special
By L. Archambeault on 06/05/08 09:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I use my GT/CS as a toy, just for special occasions or just to cruise in good weather. I owned a Blue 1965 Mustang 2+2 fastback in 1969, got my orders for Vietnam, then sold the car. I ordered my car due to the retro look, I love it. Vista Blue with all the goodies. I am disappointed in the lack of a quality clear coat on the paint. I have less than 1200 miles on the car, with 2 paint chips on the hood, plus a pebble put a ding in my windshield. I love the 2-tone charcoal and parchment interior. I feel 19 years old again, she is a keeper !

Second GT; '06 and now '08
By Mike1954 on 05/25/08 19:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

At speed the chassis, Z-rated rubber, steering and torque combine to hug the pavement with a sense of complete assurance. Drop down a gear (I naturally bought the manual) step on the gas and listen and feel the swift motion as a smile appears. Great rear visibility serves well. No tickets thus far. At 75MPH I get 28 MPG 87 octane. Like I said this is my second of the latest iteration. Very happy.

Advantages and disadvantages and fun
By randy on 05/17/08 08:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is fun. Beautiful exhaust note. Somewhat clunky manual shifter. Tiny back seat- even the 11 year old complains after a while. Cool appearance, real nostalgia. I love the round gauges. The interior is sub-par, but nothing rattles so far. And, it is fun. Did I say that already?

Muscle Car reborn
By gamessmer on 05/17/08 05:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first American Car purchase in over 20 years, and I am very pleased with my decision. I owned a couple of Muscle Cars in the 60's and loved them despite their many flaws. This car is a true muscle car without the flaws. Comfort, conveinience and power, with a factory warrenty. This is one amazing car for the money. The sad thing is that these won't be available for long. The same thing that killed the original high output V8 vehicles in the early 70's is killing this car today ( oil and it's availability and cost). I know that EPA issues were also involved in the 70's but oil was the main cause. So enjoy it while you can!

Mustang GT 08 full package
By tazwell66 on 05/15/08 11:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First time I saw this as a prototype years ago knew I had to have it. The retro design, interior display panel, and engine sound is what got me; performance is what keeps me. My 1st American car! I'll keep my 4runner, this is purely a toy, and boy do I love it. Black with California package and two tone interior (dove and balck leather) is a must! Black sports stripe on black car sounded real stupid. But it works=chic and sporty. Wish I had that hood scoop. This type of looks, performance, and surprisingly decent gas mileage for under 30k$! You can't beat that, can you?

2008 Mustang GT
By Yannis C. on 05/12/08 05:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My 2008 Mustang GT is like none other. It is cleary the most affordable sports car out on the market. Sure the Charger has 425HP but they're asking 35+ for it when the Mustang for about 27 can keep up with the Charger if not beat it on the quarter mile. There is nothing better then the sound of a V8 with 320 lbs of torque. The manual transmission is probably what makes this car so exciting to drive. I have currently installed a Flowmaster Exhaust System, K&N Aircharger system, White racing stripes, and a CDC Chin spoiler. It looks mean and it's so easily customized.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.