Used 2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Bullitt Mustang gets it right
By mrolfers

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Ford got the Bulllitt Mustang right in so many ways: I love the low-key, retro styling cues throughout. No stripes, no fins, no flames, and very little chrome. Slick shifter, engine pulls hard, and has a satisfying muscle car exhaust note. I owned an '86 GT and this thing handles like it's from another planet. You can actually throw it around curves without the rear end breaking loose at the slightest tap on the gas. Excellent seats and very comfortable on a couple of 300 mile road trips. I'd like another 200+ HP or so, as the car does run out of power before I'd like, but I couldn't afford the Shelby GT 500. I rarely get to drive it that hard, so it's a mild criticism.

Favorite Features

Bullitt package extras well worth it. Front seats are spot on for a 6'/200 lb. guy. Engine and shifter just beg you to drive it hard. My two kids fit in the back seats. Ipod jack in the console is nice. Sound great. Understated styling works for a 40 year old.

Suggested Improvements

The two cupholders in the center console are a joke. If you actually put a drink in them, it blocks the shifter. Needs a telescopic steering wheel. The car arrived from the factory with a malfunctioning stereo and an annoying squeak from somewhere in the back when driving over bumpy roads.

2008 Bullitt
By Jeff--San Diego

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is an absolute blast to drive. Who ever said American car companies don't build cars people want? I will line up any Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc. against this baby. For the price it can't be beat. First off the torque is unbelievable. HP is immediately available. No need to wind this baby up. You won't want to play the excellent 500 watt Shaker stereo radio as the exhaust note is the best sound you will ever hear. I test drove 20 different cars but when I got in this one I knew I was going to have to purchase it. Very easy to have fun driving around town and you will get 17-24 mpg on 87 octane. Fill the tank with 91 octane and hold onto your seat.

Favorite Features

Favorite feature is the awesome torque and HP of this free breathing engine. The exhaust note is just right. Not to loud but powerful enough to say it means business.

Suggested Improvements

It would have been nice if the console between the seats was a little more useable but I guess that is the price you pay to drive a sweet machine like this one.

Love it
By MirCheques

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love to drive this car. It's my first muscle car (after owning 335 horsepower Audi A8, 231 horsepower VW Touareg and 400 horsepower BMW 7 series) and I have to say that I'm really impressed. I knew not to expect much from the interior (comparing to the German cars I've owned), but I never expected the car to be so fun, so fast and so...drivable.

Favorite Features

Acceleration and handling (but only with the performance kit - suspensions and TCS, and manual transmission), engine and exhaust rumble, shaker 1000 blast.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes, a big low, sunroof, audio controls on the wheel, better use of space on the central console

Nothing like a clean black car
By multimaticford

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I am 19 years old and own my dream car. Evertime I look at it in the parking lot I think what a cool car, then realize it's mine. Magazines complain about the handling, but the stock tires are rock hard since Ford expects people to actually drive the car unlike other manufacturers (this means they last longer). For the price you simply can't beat the performance you get back in return. As far as the interior, I think the design is brilliant and very clean looking, but most peoples complaints are the materials being on the harder side. Even though Ford sells 130K of these a year, people still smile and wave when you drive by.

Favorite Features

18" wheels. Stock exhaust reminds you what you're driving.

Suggested Improvements

IRS

Bullitt = Knock Out!
By SIlverback

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The Bullitt Package on the 2008 Mustang makes the car a road racing machine right from the factory. The upgrades transform the car into a fun to drive and great looking machine.

Favorite Features

The Dark Highland Green (DHG) and no rear spoiler. Plus the 18-inch wheels are very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Put a spare tire in the package. Comes w/ an inflation kit. This is unacceptable.