Used 2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Nothing else like it
By Redstang

2008 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have been wanting a Mustang since I rented twice on business trips over the past few years. The car is just 100% fun to drive and own. People smile when you pass by and my kids think Dad is the coolest. The car handles well for an solid axle performance car. The ride is not rock hard but firm. Gas mileage is actually decent getting between 19-25 mpg if you keep a light foot. Push the pedal and watch the car go! If you need even more power get the 500 HP Shelby GT500. This will do the job on your Hemi Challenger and the new Camaro. The 18" rims and tires are a must, they fill out the wheel wells nicely. Shaker 500 audio is almost audiophile quality. Have fun!

Classic blend of Mustang styling cues from past and present. Power, handling, audio system. My Color dashboard. Fun factor.

Interior is a little too plastic even with optional deluxe package. Outside mirrors look cheap. Can get aftermarket covers for.

Not Bad, Not Great Either
By GTMan

2008 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Lifelong owner of sport sedans from Far East or Europe. Living out a childhood vision of owning a sports car with a great American V8. Car is engineered around the powerful engine, not much else. Unlike products from other domestic makers, the understated styling and lack of cheezy exterior add-on is quite appealing. Obviously, this is a recreational vehicle, so it does not dissappoint, great engine sound, accelaration is pretty linear, and suspension is a good compromise. Not meant to make social statement, so no complaints about ~15 to 24 mpg. Overall, not a perfect car, and not for everyone, but just a fun personal toy to have in your garage.

Nice sounding engine, stereo system power and related features, trunk space that can hold 2 golf bags, understated retro styling, durable leather, 18 in wheels, seat warmers.

Retro taken too far - HVAC knobs from 80's, antenna, cheap one-piece side mirrors. Only 300 horses from 4.6 litre? Dashboard rattling. Wheels should fill wheel well. Improve rear wing. Bigger tire size, 19's with 275 mm in the rear. Anemic A/C. Cars costing $10K less has better dashboard.

Pony cars rule!
By redtang

2008 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Had my convertible now since May. My 2 year old loves going for a top down ride! The wife even likes it. I love the car but it is nowhere near perfect and is about to get some serious competition.

I love the overall interior and exterior design of the car. The engine sounds so sweet! 300hp is nice too. Convertible top seems to work well and I'm okay with the 5 speed auto. Nice to see there is some trunk space and the view under the hood with the plenum cover is sexy. Averaging 19mpg. Comfy

Interior quality is very poor, car could use 25-50 more hp and a sixth gear. Ford has to swap out the solid axle. This is 2008, convertible body still too flacid. The mirror design (not body colored) makes car look cheap. Guages little too bunched up. Temp reading and audio buttons on wheel!

Need more Bullitt Reviews
By 08-Bullitt

2008 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The limited edition/build 2008 Bullitt Mustang is loaded with fun! this car has great acceleration thanks to the 3.73 gears although it effects your mileage. I've been averaging about 17 mpg even though I put my foot into it with regularity. Another nice thing in this day of high gas prices is that the vehicle runs on either premium or regular unleaded. With regular unleaded, you supposedly lose a little torque, but I can tell you that you don't notice it. A good compromise is the plus grade if available.

Minimalist look ~ it doesn't need a bunch of appliqués to look sinister. Lowering the suspension makes this thing really hug the road. The ride is a bit stiff with the tweaked suspension, but it has its purpose.

More horsepower ~ there is never a substitute for horsepower!

Little fat boy buys his dream
By Joe

2008 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Grew up always wanting a 70 Mustang GT fastback. Finally I am fortunate to buy a toy, and was happy to purchase a convertible that is this much fun to drive. I get such a rush from hearing the engine rumble on. Car has power I needed to get my sports car fix. It is toy for me but I am going to drive it more than originally planned. I hope my Mercedes and Jaquar don't get jealous.

Engine sound when start up. I love the handling. Power is adequate for car with such a large engine. Radio and internal lighting is dynamic.

Lowering and raising the roof could be done easier.