2008 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Bullitt Mustang gets it right
By mrolfers on 02/24/09 22:47 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Ford got the Bulllitt Mustang right in so many ways: I love the low-key, retro styling cues throughout. No stripes, no fins, no flames, and very little chrome. Slick shifter, engine pulls hard, and has a satisfying muscle car exhaust note. I owned an '86 GT and this thing handles like it's from another planet. You can actually throw it around curves without the rear end breaking loose at the slightest tap on the gas. Excellent seats and very comfortable on a couple of 300 mile road trips. I'd like another 200+ HP or so, as the car does run out of power before I'd like, but I couldn't afford the Shelby GT 500. I rarely get to drive it that hard, so it's a mild criticism.

2008 Bullitt
By Jeff--San Diego on 01/16/09 21:04 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is an absolute blast to drive. Who ever said American car companies don't build cars people want? I will line up any Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc. against this baby. For the price it can't be beat. First off the torque is unbelievable. HP is immediately available. No need to wind this baby up. You won't want to play the excellent 500 watt Shaker stereo radio as the exhaust note is the best sound you will ever hear. I test drove 20 different cars but when I got in this one I knew I was going to have to purchase it. Very easy to have fun driving around town and you will get 17-24 mpg on 87 octane. Fill the tank with 91 octane and hold onto your seat.

Love it
By MirCheques on 10/23/08 05:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love to drive this car. It's my first muscle car (after owning 335 horsepower Audi A8, 231 horsepower VW Touareg and 400 horsepower BMW 7 series) and I have to say that I'm really impressed. I knew not to expect much from the interior (comparing to the German cars I've owned), but I never expected the car to be so fun, so fast and so...drivable.

Nothing like a clean black car
By multimaticford on 10/16/08 13:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I am 19 years old and own my dream car. Evertime I look at it in the parking lot I think what a cool car, then realize it's mine. Magazines complain about the handling, but the stock tires are rock hard since Ford expects people to actually drive the car unlike other manufacturers (this means they last longer). For the price you simply can't beat the performance you get back in return. As far as the interior, I think the design is brilliant and very clean looking, but most peoples complaints are the materials being on the harder side. Even though Ford sells 130K of these a year, people still smile and wave when you drive by.

Bullitt = Knock Out!
By SIlverback on 09/27/08 05:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The Bullitt Package on the 2008 Mustang makes the car a road racing machine right from the factory. The upgrades transform the car into a fun to drive and great looking machine.

Fun,Fun, Fun!
By Dennis on 08/25/08 16:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This a wonderful coupe the drive. Build is top notch and love the fuel economy for a V8. (27-29mpg)! The sound system is fabulous as well. Like the large trunk for this size pony and the flip down back seats is a bonus too. The structure is sound, great road manners with some hop on turns when hitting a bump. Braking is top notch. Steering is easy and controlled. The car has much appeal.

So fun to drive!
By Whoa! on 08/22/08 05:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My Mustang GT is so fun to drive! The interior is very comfortable and classy and the ambient lighting is just plain cool. I am most impressed by the driving experience. Such quick response and smooth ride. Absolutely a blast to drive!

Fun, well made and economical
By Dennis on 08/21/08 16:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a fun car to drive. It is well made and has much trunk space too. Most of all it is very economical for a 300hp V8. I am averaging 27 to 29 mpg at average speed of 62-65. If you want to burn the gas tromp on it and it will run and still get 22 to 23mpg. The manual works well, some mechanical noise from 1st to 2nd gear though. One rattle in the dash on right in right hand turns. Bought it $500 over cost and then deducted the Loyalty rebate of $2000 and the additional incentive of $2000 and it is practically a steal! MSRP was $31,430 and out the door for $25,330.

The Bullitt rocks
By frank bulllitt on 08/15/08 21:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love the retro look and Ford did a great job on this style. I drove 1000 miles on a trip to see family and what a dream to drive, the handling is incredible. I thought that with no badges, no stripes, this car would not be a head turner. When I pulled into a gas station, someone asked, Is that the bullitt? I said yes, and all he could say was nice ride

Bullitt Mustangs, too Cool!
By Denver Bullitt on 08/09/08 21:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It is so hard to wipe the smile off my face when I get out and lock up the car. I love driving the Bullitt, amazing power, great exhaust note, and great handling. The look and feel of this car are really something, I had an 86 SVO and performance, transmission, and the overall driving experience has been improved so much. Thanks for the homerun Bullitt design team and everyone at Ford.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.