Used 2008 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Fun To Drive!
By Luis

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've been wanting a Mustang for as long I can remember. I always wanted an older classic one, but they have become too expensive. I finally bought one this year and I love it. She rarely gets out since I drive my company truck most often. But when I do take her out on Sundays I'm amazed how nice she drives and how sporty she looks. I wouldn't change my Stang for anything.

Not a Camaro
By rayyanko

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first Ford, I am a GM man. I wanted a sports car convertible, made in America. This was my only choice. I don't understand why Ford doesn't make Mustangs stock that is high performance. Yes you can purchase from Saleen, Rouch, etc, with all the goodies, why not from Ford, at least as options. I added a hurst shifter, chrome 20" wheels, side stripes, things to make it look better. I must admitt I do get a lot of "Nice Car" comments. Probably because I have over 100 coats of wax on it. Mine is a candy apple red. I do love the sound system, I wished they had a hood scoop on my car, even though it was a fake. It does look good. I purchased this car off the lot. My Camaro was fast

Favorite Features

Color, radio, my new wheels, all the goodies I added.

Suggested Improvements

More power! Nicer dash. Engine compatment could be nicer. More options for performance. More exterior options.

Better than a Lambo
By Alex

2008 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I work downtown Los Angeles and park at the country club with all sorts of exotic cars, let alone your M6s, S8s etc., but the valet guys favor my car. The people from GAS (Pimp my ride) spruced it up with 20 inch Boss wheels, Bassani exhaust, cold air in- take, computer chip and Eibach lowered suspension. In all I've spent an extra 10k on extras and it was well worth it. This care simply can't sit still and it's made to gun it with a mighty roar. I'd only wish I would have used the 1,200 bucks for the stereo and gotten an after-market system.

Favorite Features

Power and sound

Suggested Improvements

Needs better interior material.

Nothing else like it
By Redstang

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have been wanting a Mustang since I rented twice on business trips over the past few years. The car is just 100% fun to drive and own. People smile when you pass by and my kids think Dad is the coolest. The car handles well for an solid axle performance car. The ride is not rock hard but firm. Gas mileage is actually decent getting between 19-25 mpg if you keep a light foot. Push the pedal and watch the car go! If you need even more power get the 500 HP Shelby GT500. This will do the job on your Hemi Challenger and the new Camaro. The 18" rims and tires are a must, they fill out the wheel wells nicely. Shaker 500 audio is almost audiophile quality. Have fun!

Favorite Features

Classic blend of Mustang styling cues from past and present. Power, handling, audio system. My Color dashboard. Fun factor.

Suggested Improvements

Interior is a little too plastic even with optional deluxe package. Outside mirrors look cheap. Can get aftermarket covers for.

Fun,Fun, Fun!
By Dennis

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This a wonderful coupe the drive. Build is top notch and love the fuel economy for a V8. (27-29mpg)! The sound system is fabulous as well. Like the large trunk for this size pony and the flip down back seats is a bonus too. The structure is sound, great road manners with some hop on turns when hitting a bump. Braking is top notch. Steering is easy and controlled. The car has much appeal.

Favorite Features

Power, handling; brakes; sound system; interior upgrades; exterior syling is easy on the eye and timeless; paint quality; seats are comfortable; the aluminum polished wheels; transmission gates; the exhaust sound!

Suggested Improvements

More daytime illumination of the speedo, tack and guages please. A standard outdoor temp gauge would be nice.