2008 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
GT/CS
By qtrhorsex2 on 12/17/07 10:44 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I got the California Special in Candy Apple Red. It is a beauty. The ride and performance are great. It is a dream to drive and the power band with the 5 speed auto is awesome. I do wish they had the louder exhaust tone from the GT500. The tire noise is evident with the combo that comes on the CS. However it isn't obnoxious. The lower seat cushions could be 2 inches longer for long road trips. Rear seat is really not usable by adults. Can get a car seat in but it is really hard to put a toddler in the seat. It is really a 2 seater like all the previous Mustangs. What makes the GT/CS worth it is it gets looks everywhere we have taken it.

Finally
By Iman on 10/14/07 19:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car has only one problem. The space on the speedometer between 55 and 80 is to thin. You will get into trouble if you don't keep an eye on your speed. No rattles, squeaks, or defects. As for the ownership experience, this car was built on August 8th and was not delivered until October 7th.

Excellent Car
By Todd on 10/04/07 19:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the first Mustang I have owned and it's exciting every time I get behind the wheel. The quality of the ride is as good as most four door sedans. This car will make you look foward to going to work every morning. With the five speed tranny, doing the speed limits I get 27 mpg on the highway.

Who needs a GT?
By SN Seth on 10/04/07 14:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought a new Ford Mustang V6 manual and it has been what most people consider the ride of their life. I had test drove a few GTs and there is a difference in power, but for an everyday driver who isn't trying to race or see how much fuel they can burn through, it really moves. The transmission is dead on and each gear pulls so hard that you can't hold back smiling and looking around you to see who is watching. I love the way it makes me feel and the rush I get when I go to work in the morning. However, parking in the furthest parking spot next to the curb so that no one hurts her, does get to be a bit of a hike after a while. Go out and test drive one and you will know what I mean.

First Impressions
By Elijahbird7 on 09/21/07 12:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had my '08 Vapor automatic for a couple of weeks now. Love the sound of the 300 hp under the hood. I may have to change out the mufflers to MAC or Magnaflow to get a little more bark from it. Back seats are almost useless, but I rarely need to have extra passengers. Fuel mileage is quite good for a car with this power and on regular unleaded. I've already gotten 26.8 on a three hour trip, and it isn't broken in yet.

Old guy car nut
By jack osborn on 08/17/07 10:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Have owned 40 automobiles and am a professional engineer. I am an official car nut. This is a beautiful automobile, California special. But, if you are 60 years old this car will beat you up when driving our poor roads and I drive 40k per year. Am going back for an Edge. Ford has improved drastically. Had previous SHO and station wagon and piece of junk. These are high quality. Would recommend this car, but only for those who can put up with the "boy-racer" situation. Ford should be commended for their improvements.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.