Used 2008 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great car for the money
By Rick

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a 2008 mustang V-6 base model in Vapor silver. The car looks great, is quite comfortable, is well equiped and performs very well (for a v-6 5speed). I have had BMWs, A Corvette C-6, and some other great cars, and this little Mustang measures up against them quite well. Very nice car for the money!

American made! Cool looking, good comfort, good performance, fun to drive good quality. It has over 5000 miles now, it got 29 mpg on a recent road trip!

Cup holder placement, when in use makes shifting hard with manual transmission. Small rattle on the passenger side dash vent.

Nothing like a clean black car
By multimaticford

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I am 19 years old and own my dream car. Evertime I look at it in the parking lot I think what a cool car, then realize it's mine. Magazines complain about the handling, but the stock tires are rock hard since Ford expects people to actually drive the car unlike other manufacturers (this means they last longer). For the price you simply can't beat the performance you get back in return. As far as the interior, I think the design is brilliant and very clean looking, but most peoples complaints are the materials being on the harder side. Even though Ford sells 130K of these a year, people still smile and wave when you drive by.

18" wheels. Stock exhaust reminds you what you're driving.

IRS

Great car--needs refinement.
By Steve

2008 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. I have the 5 speed automatic and it performs without trouble. Sure the gas mileage isn't that great, but really, who would expect that from a muscle car? The only trouble is the really noisy top latches. The rattle like crazy with the top up. At first, no rattles, but as the weeks went by, the latches were rattling like crazy. Ford replaced them and they were fine for a while, now they are rattling again.

Power, sound, ride

Better interior materials, better engineering for the top. My 1962 Ford Thunderbird doesn't rattle and it's 46 years old!

Bullitt = Knock Out!
By SIlverback

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The Bullitt Package on the 2008 Mustang makes the car a road racing machine right from the factory. The upgrades transform the car into a fun to drive and great looking machine.

The Dark Highland Green (DHG) and no rear spoiler. Plus the 18-inch wheels are very nice.

Put a spare tire in the package. Comes w/ an inflation kit. This is unacceptable.

Fun To Drive!
By Luis

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've been wanting a Mustang for as long I can remember. I always wanted an older classic one, but they have become too expensive. I finally bought one this year and I love it. She rarely gets out since I drive my company truck most often. But when I do take her out on Sundays I'm amazed how nice she drives and how sporty she looks. I wouldn't change my Stang for anything.