Used 2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My first Mustang!
By justinc8

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've always wanted to own a muscle car and Mustangs always seemed to intrigue me the most. I didn't have much knowledge about automotive performance before I bought this car, I should've done more research but I do not regret my purchase. This car is VERY fun to drive on the street. I know 300 horsepower isn't much in today's standards but don't let that number fool you. The car does still pack a punch. Gas isn't so bad either, of course when buying a car like this that shouldn't really matter. I average about 19mpg. Ride quality is decent but not horrible. The seats are nice and comfortable which is a plus. Bottom line, the car is nice and extremely fun to drive!

The car is very easy to maintain, I mean c'mon it's a Ford! I've also put a few mods on it which make it more of a thrill to drive. I installed a pair of Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs and those really take the sound of this car to whole new level. I have a few other things done do it and more to come!

The quality of the interior isn't the best, lots of plastic everywhere. But that's not why I bought this car. For some people that may be an issue though. The transmission can be a little noisy at times.

Good Car
By 08mustangt

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

i have driven my 2008 mustang GT for 20,000 miles so far i have had no problems. i expected more acceleration but these mustangs will put you back in your seat much better than the V6. I like the interior much better than the previous 99-04 model. the seats are a bit uncomfortable especially on long trips. the back seat looks very uncomfortable but actually is ok.

the new mustang maybe fixed the power issue with the 5.0 liter

'08 Bullitt
By Rusty

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Looks and sounds great. Got the Ford end-of-year discount and the X-plan discount. Overall saved about 7K off MSRP!! Very fun to drive, but wish it had a few more ponies under the hood to compete with the new Camaros and Dodges. Fifth Mustang I've owned and by far my favorite.

Extremely fun to drive. Exhaust note is intoxicating. Dark Highland Green in the sunshine looks great.

Plastic exterior lower trim is flimsy. Shaker 500 stereo OK, but rattles the door panels. Cup holder too close to shifter - anything larger than a 12oz soda can and it impedes shifting.

Mustang Bullitt
By Jeff

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Does anyone make a better, more fun to drive car than this for the money? Plenty of power, great brakes, and handling. Gas mileage is greatly improved over my 5.0L. You can use 87- 91 octane. Feels a little more edgy with the high octane stuff but not essential for driveability. Great leather GT500 seats. The Tremec 5 speed is a dream.

Handling, acceleration, brakes, seats, and 500 Watt Shaker stereo radio. The exhaust note is a symphony of power and performance. The fact that you can fill up with 87 Octane unlike most high performance Japanese cars that require 89 or 91 Octane.

More storage areas and a less intrusive center console. The cup holders are too close to the shifter.

Faster Than a Speeding Bullitt
By RPR

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased this 2008 Bullitt in January 2009 at Ford employee pricing plus $2000 rebate. The exhaust note on this car is incredible- every time I start it I feel like an 8 year old who just stole the keys to the Batmobile. Edmund's review of this car lauds the shifter, they weren't kidding- incredibly smooth. Fantastic seats, great appearance. Fuel economy is poor in town given the low gearing but I've averaged 25+ at steady 75 mph on the highway.

Powertrain. Sleeper appearance. Folding rear seats passes the bicycle test w/ rear wheel removed (the new Camero doesn't).

Given the nature of this car and its cost it's hard to really complain. Some of the subframe workmanship is rough though.