2008 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
My first Mustang!
By justinc8 on 01/02/13 17:18 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've always wanted to own a muscle car and Mustangs always seemed to intrigue me the most. I didn't have much knowledge about automotive performance before I bought this car, I should've done more research but I do not regret my purchase. This car is VERY fun to drive on the street. I know 300 horsepower isn't much in today's standards but don't let that number fool you. The car does still pack a punch. Gas isn't so bad either, of course when buying a car like this that shouldn't really matter. I average about 19mpg. Ride quality is decent but not horrible. The seats are nice and comfortable which is a plus. Bottom line, the car is nice and extremely fun to drive!

Good Car
By 08mustangt on 07/12/11 22:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

i have driven my 2008 mustang GT for 20,000 miles so far i have had no problems. i expected more acceleration but these mustangs will put you back in your seat much better than the V6. I like the interior much better than the previous 99-04 model. the seats are a bit uncomfortable especially on long trips. the back seat looks very uncomfortable but actually is ok.

'08 Bullitt
By Rusty on 12/31/09 15:55 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Looks and sounds great. Got the Ford end-of-year discount and the X-plan discount. Overall saved about 7K off MSRP!! Very fun to drive, but wish it had a few more ponies under the hood to compete with the new Camaros and Dodges. Fifth Mustang I've owned and by far my favorite.

Mustang Bullitt
By Jeff on 11/15/09 20:32 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Does anyone make a better, more fun to drive car than this for the money? Plenty of power, great brakes, and handling. Gas mileage is greatly improved over my 5.0L. You can use 87- 91 octane. Feels a little more edgy with the high octane stuff but not essential for driveability. Great leather GT500 seats. The Tremec 5 speed is a dream.

Faster Than a Speeding Bullitt
By RPR on 07/09/09 15:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased this 2008 Bullitt in January 2009 at Ford employee pricing plus $2000 rebate. The exhaust note on this car is incredible- every time I start it I feel like an 8 year old who just stole the keys to the Batmobile. Edmund's review of this car lauds the shifter, they weren't kidding- incredibly smooth. Fantastic seats, great appearance. Fuel economy is poor in town given the low gearing but I've averaged 25+ at steady 75 mph on the highway.

American Car that is a kick to drive
By gvtrai58 on 05/19/09 19:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car does more than expected for the price. The 300 horses give a fun launch from a stop and provide pretty good high speed acceleration. Floor this car at 100mph and in seconds you are at speeds you shouldn't be doing - not that you should have been doing 100mph in the first place. But, the car performs well at high speed. What really impressed me was the ability to take corners with this car. This car eats turns for breakfast and you would have to spend a lot more money to equal the handling of this car. Now is the car comfortable hitting potholes? No, and it wasn't meant to be. So, if you want above average power and looks for a fairly low price this is a good choice.

So much more for so much less money
By Dennis on 03/31/09 11:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

A great car! It is what it is a pony car with grunt,style and flair. I get positive comments from 10 to 80 year old guys and dolls. My Acura rarely gets attention like the Mustang!

excellent all-around!
By Alan on 03/31/09 07:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My main focus is to drive a car that doesn't make feel bad about the purchase price or the fuel economy. My V8 gives me 24.7/MPG combined city/highway. I have the power when I need it and the smooth ROAR to brag about it. I didn't pay through the nose like I would have with some other performance cars and the looks are great. It doesn't have the girlie bells and whistles, like my wife's car does, but I didn't have to pay for them either. It's athletic, handsome, inexpensive to maintain, and it's american made and proud of it. Don't just buy one, buy two for the price one foreign made! When you're old and cranky spend your money on a luxury expensive car that only an expensive mechanic can fix

Bullitt has great performance value
By Dave - San Jose on 03/11/09 23:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just purchased #4523 in 2/09 and I love this car. I have been in the market for a new car for 5 years and I test drove many cars like the 350Z, RX8, 370Z, EVO VIII, IX, and X, all of which are very nice cars and definitly worth considering. The Bullitt is suprisingly comfortable and head space is very generous. At 6'7", this something I need to consider. Ride is firm but not overly stiff. Nothing beats the power and torque curve of a V8. The other vehicles do not have that brute force, authoritative power that the Bullitt has. Also, all of the afore mentioned vehicles require 91 octane fuel and the Bullitt does not. Bottom line: This car is fun, fast, and relitively practical.

DON'T BUY FORD
By Dustang on 03/03/09 06:25 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First and last FORD I'll never buy a Ford again! I agree with everything the editor said in his review about the mustang, it's a really nice car for the first 5,000 miles or so. Check out the TSB service bulletins for the mustang before you buy one! Many problems, engine misfire, water leaks by the buckets from dashboard, auto tranny failures,can't fill gas tank,and Ford is the worst at fixing the problems. They give it the sunshine treatment for the expensive problems until your warranty is up. I have replaced the trans, a/c comp, alternator, 3-batteries, power steering pump, and more!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.