Used 2008 Ford Mustang Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

V6 Premium w/Pony Package Review
By eddyrock21

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased a V6 Premium Mustang w/Pony Package and the 5spd auto with 84k to replace the wife's Pontiac G5 GT that gave us nothing but problems. The car is in great condition for the year and the miles on the vehicle. The car is mechanically sound and in great physical condition. The Mustang has already done its duty by keeping the wife safe when she hit a patch of black ice. The car sustained basically no body damage, just some rear suspension damage. Definitely satisfied with the purchase at this point having put 3,000 miles in the 4 months of ownership. The gas mileage is acceptable for the type of vehicle as we are averaging around 19 city and 24 hwy.

The factory HID's are a great and unexpected feature for the price point of the mustang. The information system and my color display are nice features as well as the illuminated cup holders. The shaker 500 system is a great bang for your buck. The car handles phenomenally both on the hwy and in the corners. The power from the V6 isn't bad considering the year of the vehicle and the technology available at the time. The vehicle came optioned with nearly every option available for the year except for the leather seats. The addition of ABS and traction control is a huge plus considering these were not standard in 2008.

Since purchasing the car no real issues have occurred. I have performed regular maintenance such as; oil change/filter, fuel filter, cabin filter, spark plugs, and cleaned fuel and injector system. The only possible issue is the wrench light that has appeared once which indicates the TPS (throttle body position sensor) had a fault; a common issue for this vehicle and a simple fix if need be. A simple restart of the car cleared the issue. The light also occurred shortly after I had cleaned the filthy throttle body/induction system which could have been the cause. Automatic lights would have been nice, but that was addressed in the newer mustangs.

2008 Mustang- FUN
By camustangguy

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2008 V6 in 2010 with 60,000 miles on the car. The guy before me must have really abused the car because the clutch was gone and the tranny completely gone. I had the clutch replaced with a spec stage2 clutch and a new T-5 tranny and the thing runs like new. I recently lowered the car on eibach springs, and their pro damper shocks and struts.I have a 91 octane tune, K&N Cool air intake, BBK throttle body spacer, 18in AMR wheels from american muscle, Straightpipes exhaust dual conversion, Pypes X pipe, Steeda throttle body spacer. I had Super Snake Stripes painted and the Raxiom Sequential tail lights. It's become my own project car. Overall fantastic car. Its well fast enough:]

Gauges, very retro. Very customizable, upgradable. Comes with pretty good torque and power. Good Gas mileage over the V-8. Great styling, turns many heads.

Better tires stock on the car, better reliability on certain components, interior sub par. Otherwise great styling.

Piece of Junk
By nomoreford3

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Horrible made vehicle. My spoiler that is held on with double stick tape has come loose numerous times. Dealership finally put 'pop-rivits' in it (creating holes in my trunk lid) and it still does not stay on. Under the hood is RUST, rust bubbling on inside and outside. And of course Ford doesn't accept responsibility for any of this. Won't repair anything. Interior is horrible and thin. Within less than a month the driver seat was worn and terrible looking from the getting in and out of vehicle. Have had at least one ford sitting in our driveway in the last 30 years between me, husband, children. Will NEVER buy another Ford vehicle. Very disgusting with this car and Ford Motor.

My 4th Mustang
By Briten88

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

4th Mustang, 1st V6, disappointing fuel mileage, my 4.6 got better. Big improvement interior and exterior from previous design, fit and finish much better also. Looking forward to trading on a 2011 with the 3.7 L v6.

Heated Leather seats, 500 watt sound system.

Better fuel economy with v6 (2011), lower belt line.

Best Bang for the Buck
By grabberorange

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

What a fun car this is. I have the Mustang grin every time I get behind the wheel of this car. There may be other cars on the market that can best any given Mustang in certain areas, but overall, the Mustang is THE best-buy in an affordable sports/muscle car. I bought the V6 with the Pony Package and have no regrets. Sure, the extra two cylinders would be nice, but I don't notice them gone when driving and paying for insurance. I wish I had one in every color offered. Overall, no complaints and will buy other S197 Mustangs in the future.

The looks, the quick steering, the acceleration, the sound, the price.

Make the dual exhaust standard on the V6. Add an interior trunk release. Make sequential stop lights standard.