2008 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
My first Mustang!
By justinc8 on 01/02/13 17:18 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've always wanted to own a muscle car and Mustangs always seemed to intrigue me the most. I didn't have much knowledge about automotive performance before I bought this car, I should've done more research but I do not regret my purchase. This car is VERY fun to drive on the street. I know 300 horsepower isn't much in today's standards but don't let that number fool you. The car does still pack a punch. Gas isn't so bad either, of course when buying a car like this that shouldn't really matter. I average about 19mpg. Ride quality is decent but not horrible. The seats are nice and comfortable which is a plus. Bottom line, the car is nice and extremely fun to drive!

Junk
By cissymomof3 on 11/14/12 13:10 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Worst car Ive ever owned. Bought this car new and within 2 weeks of warranty ended up having to pay $800 for a new clutch/brake assembly. Interior vinyl on both doors has fallen down and been re-glued 2x and still falling down. Now in shop for a new alternator. Terrible on gas, my dads chevy truck get better gas mileage. For a 2008, with 60000 miles, this car has been nothing but problems and expenses. I will never consider buying another Ford new or used.

2008 Mustang- FUN
By camustangguy on 05/30/12 22:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2008 V6 in 2010 with 60,000 miles on the car. The guy before me must have really abused the car because the clutch was gone and the tranny completely gone. I had the clutch replaced with a spec stage2 clutch and a new T-5 tranny and the thing runs like new. I recently lowered the car on eibach springs, and their pro damper shocks and struts.I have a 91 octane tune, K&N Cool air intake, BBK throttle body spacer, 18in AMR wheels from american muscle, Straightpipes exhaust dual conversion, Pypes X pipe, Steeda throttle body spacer. I had Super Snake Stripes painted and the Raxiom Sequential tail lights. It's become my own project car. Overall fantastic car. Its well fast enough:]

Good Car
By 08mustangt on 07/12/11 22:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

i have driven my 2008 mustang GT for 20,000 miles so far i have had no problems. i expected more acceleration but these mustangs will put you back in your seat much better than the V6. I like the interior much better than the previous 99-04 model. the seats are a bit uncomfortable especially on long trips. the back seat looks very uncomfortable but actually is ok.

Do NOT buy a Mustang
By cakes5 on 05/12/11 17:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought a 2008 Mustang GT last year. Big mistake. It looks pretty and is fast, but that is it. I have spent thousands of dollars on maintenance for it, having to replace part after part. Just a few days ago my engine light came on. I thought it was no big deal and I'd take it in to get checked out sometime. Well I was sitting at a red light, it turned green, I gave it gas, and it died on me. Right in the middle of the road. It started back up and as I began to drive it, it died again. I had to spend another $157 on it to get the cool air intake problem fixed. And of course the warranty has covered none of the many repairs. I had a Toyota before this car and never had these problems.

Piece of Junk
By nomoreford3 on 03/10/11 07:27 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Horrible made vehicle. My spoiler that is held on with double stick tape has come loose numerous times. Dealership finally put 'pop-rivits' in it (creating holes in my trunk lid) and it still does not stay on. Under the hood is RUST, rust bubbling on inside and outside. And of course Ford doesn't accept responsibility for any of this. Won't repair anything. Interior is horrible and thin. Within less than a month the driver seat was worn and terrible looking from the getting in and out of vehicle. Have had at least one ford sitting in our driveway in the last 30 years between me, husband, children. Will NEVER buy another Ford vehicle. Very disgusting with this car and Ford Motor.

Great car for the money
By wndsofchng06 on 03/03/11 09:53 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 08 Mustang with 14k on it, I now have 54k and have had zero issues. The V6 has plenty of power for any legal driving and I get up to 30 hwy mpg! I recently ordered a new rear bumper and am changing her to dual exhaust! I love this car and will probably keep it until it can go no futher!

Long Term Report for this '08 V6 w/ manual 5spd
By Greybeard_FL on 02/04/11 15:05 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

back again.. last post was around this time last year.. I now have 104500 miles on my pony.. this car is just great as my daily driver. Still have original brakes and pads!! 2 repair issues: 1st was harmonic damper failed @ 75K miles. 2nd @ 85K could have been major, but was not. Pin that connects clutch pedal to clutch master cyl came loose. Ford does not make a replacement. Comment from dealer: 'That's not supposed to happen!' No, Really??!! Took pin to machine shop and modified it for $65. Fixed. Otherwise only costs are normal maintainance. Recommend that when you need new 16" tires.. replace with Pirelli P-4's. MUCH better rubber than factory originals

My 4th Mustang
By Briten88 on 06/21/10 12:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

4th Mustang, 1st V6, disappointing fuel mileage, my 4.6 got better. Big improvement interior and exterior from previous design, fit and finish much better also. Looking forward to trading on a 2011 with the 3.7 L v6.

Best Bang for the Buck
By grabberorange on 05/23/10 20:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

What a fun car this is. I have the Mustang grin every time I get behind the wheel of this car. There may be other cars on the market that can best any given Mustang in certain areas, but overall, the Mustang is THE best-buy in an affordable sports/muscle car. I bought the V6 with the Pony Package and have no regrets. Sure, the extra two cylinders would be nice, but I don't notice them gone when driving and paying for insurance. I wish I had one in every color offered. Overall, no complaints and will buy other S197 Mustangs in the future.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.