Used 2008 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Very reliable!
By Adrian

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 08 in 2012 with 75,000 miles. The previous owner must have driven a lot but even though the high miles, my car has never let me down. It's 2016 and the car still works great. I've kept up with its oil changes, and minor maintenance and my Mustang keeps running without trouble. I've replaced the alternator, tie rods, sway bar links, shocks, struts and tires and of course the battery. I drive this car daily and it still amazes me at how great it handles. As of today my car has about 110k miles. Any time I get in it I can feel sure that it won't let me down. I always brag to friends of how reliable the car is. I over paid for the car but at least I can say I haven't put money into it.

The only downside is the interior. The door vinyl panels have started to come off. I've tried to glue them back but with the Texas heat, they come back off. Also the cloth on the seats isn't all that great. I have 2 kids in the back and with their shoes and spilling foods, the cloth on the seats looks faded.

V6 Premium w/Pony Package Review
By eddyrock21

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased a V6 Premium Mustang w/Pony Package and the 5spd auto with 84k to replace the wife's Pontiac G5 GT that gave us nothing but problems. The car is in great condition for the year and the miles on the vehicle. The car is mechanically sound and in great physical condition. The Mustang has already done its duty by keeping the wife safe when she hit a patch of black ice. The car sustained basically no body damage, just some rear suspension damage. Definitely satisfied with the purchase at this point having put 3,000 miles in the 4 months of ownership. The gas mileage is acceptable for the type of vehicle as we are averaging around 19 city and 24 hwy.

The factory HID's are a great and unexpected feature for the price point of the mustang. The information system and my color display are nice features as well as the illuminated cup holders. The shaker 500 system is a great bang for your buck. The car handles phenomenally both on the hwy and in the corners. The power from the V6 isn't bad considering the year of the vehicle and the technology available at the time. The vehicle came optioned with nearly every option available for the year except for the leather seats. The addition of ABS and traction control is a huge plus considering these were not standard in 2008.

Since purchasing the car no real issues have occurred. I have performed regular maintenance such as; oil change/filter, fuel filter, cabin filter, spark plugs, and cleaned fuel and injector system. The only possible issue is the wrench light that has appeared once which indicates the TPS (throttle body position sensor) had a fault; a common issue for this vehicle and a simple fix if need be. A simple restart of the car cleared the issue. The light also occurred shortly after I had cleaned the filthy throttle body/induction system which could have been the cause. Automatic lights would have been nice, but that was addressed in the newer mustangs.

My first Mustang!
By justinc8

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've always wanted to own a muscle car and Mustangs always seemed to intrigue me the most. I didn't have much knowledge about automotive performance before I bought this car, I should've done more research but I do not regret my purchase. This car is VERY fun to drive on the street. I know 300 horsepower isn't much in today's standards but don't let that number fool you. The car does still pack a punch. Gas isn't so bad either, of course when buying a car like this that shouldn't really matter. I average about 19mpg. Ride quality is decent but not horrible. The seats are nice and comfortable which is a plus. Bottom line, the car is nice and extremely fun to drive!

The car is very easy to maintain, I mean c'mon it's a Ford! I've also put a few mods on it which make it more of a thrill to drive. I installed a pair of Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs and those really take the sound of this car to whole new level. I have a few other things done do it and more to come!

The quality of the interior isn't the best, lots of plastic everywhere. But that's not why I bought this car. For some people that may be an issue though. The transmission can be a little noisy at times.

Junk
By cissymomof3

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Worst car Ive ever owned. Bought this car new and within 2 weeks of warranty ended up having to pay $800 for a new clutch/brake assembly.
Interior vinyl on both doors has fallen down and been re-glued 2x and still falling down. Now in shop for a new alternator.
Terrible on gas, my dads chevy truck get better gas mileage.
For a 2008, with 60000 miles, this car has been nothing but problems and expenses.
I will never consider buying another Ford new or used.

2008 Mustang- FUN
By camustangguy

2008 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2008 V6 in 2010 with 60,000 miles on the car. The guy before me must have really abused the car because the clutch was gone and the tranny completely gone. I had the clutch replaced with a spec stage2 clutch and a new T-5 tranny and the thing runs like new. I recently lowered the car on eibach springs, and their pro damper shocks and struts.I have a 91 octane tune, K&N Cool air intake, BBK throttle body spacer, 18in AMR wheels from american muscle, Straightpipes exhaust dual conversion, Pypes X pipe, Steeda throttle body spacer. I had Super Snake Stripes painted and the Raxiom Sequential tail lights. It's become my own project car. Overall fantastic car. Its well fast enough:]

Gauges, very retro. Very customizable, upgradable. Comes with pretty good torque and power. Good Gas mileage over the V-8. Great styling, turns many heads.

Better tires stock on the car, better reliability on certain components, interior sub par. Otherwise great styling.