Used 2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Bullitt Mustang
By greenmamba

2008 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought first week in 2009. Been a great toy car. Never had any serious problems. When back to the dealer for a loose driver's mirror and a buzzing noise in the transmission (which I fixed myself, a loose trans inspection plate). Some performance and handling mods have been done, but it's basically all stock.

The exhaust note is awesome. The 5sp. manual's pull with the 3:73 gears. The understated looks.

Ford has already addressed them all.

Very enjoyable
By Bgenia1216

2008 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love my GT/CS. The performance is very exciting and the 4.6 does a nice job to really get this car moving. I have an auto and its no slug, it will get up and move when you want it to. The drop top is a very nice feature. Easy to operate and fairly quick to raise/lower. Due to the live rear axle you can experience some drivability issues when pushing the car around a turn with bumps in the road, not enough for me to really consider it not drivable when pushed. I have the shaker 500 and its loud enough to hear with the top down while driving 80. For MPG you can get good numbers if you are being very good. Top down 18/24 and up 20/25. You can have a new car with just a few mods, enjoy!

300 HP/320 ft/lb. Shaker 500. Leather seats. Comfortable seat in front at least. Real head turner. Candy apple red. Decent mileage when trying. Aftermarket parts are more than anyone could ever want. Good money for the power. seems to hold value well. Chicks love it! Love the power!

Less plastic on the inside. Get ride of the annoying blinker sound. Haven't rode in a new 2011 so can't really say what needs to be improved.

Sure Glad I Bought the Convertible
By John

2008 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Always wanted a muscle car but got married young while my friends were driving Mustangs, Road Runners, and Corvettes. Now they are driving mini vans while I am cruising in my GT convertible. Started talking to my wife about getting a Mustang since the 05 hit the dealers, not really thinking that she would go along with it until one day she said "if we get one can it be a convertible", it was then that I knew she wanted it as much as I did. I hesitated about the convertible since I never had one and I remember the old rag tops leaking with lots of wind noise. I test drove one and found it to be pleasanty quiet with the interior of the roof very plush, hardly looking like a convertible.

I am so happy that I got the convertible. I ordered it so I could get it exactly as I wanted it in Vista Blue with the cloth top, 18" chrome wheels that come with GF Goodrich GForce 235 50 low profile tires. I also added the GT package to get the hood scoop and chrome tip exhaust.

If it is possible to improve this car it would be nice to have more interior leather to cover the top of the dashboard and the center console.

Bullitt Brings Back Muscle Car Basics
By Craig Brown

2008 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned a few Mustangs and typically leave the exterior plain and spend the time and effort on modifying the engine and suspension. My wife and I both saw a 2008 Bullitt in the Highland Green and were immediately drawn to the car's understated simplicity of styling that made the cars we loved as teenagers such classics. Then I drove one! The changes are subtle from the 2006 GT I have been driving for 3 years, but the suspension is firmer and the shifter is more precise. The power difference negligible over the GT, but the car just looks and sounds right. If you grew up driving V-8 muscle cars in the 60's and 70's (or wanted to and couldn't afford to), this is your car!

Straight-forward styling (no scoops, wings, spoilers. Wheels and green metal flake paint look great together without screaming "look at me!"

Not a Camaro
By rayyanko

2008 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first Ford, I am a GM man. I wanted a sports car convertible, made in America. This was my only choice. I don't understand why Ford doesn't make Mustangs stock that is high performance. Yes you can purchase from Saleen, Rouch, etc, with all the goodies, why not from Ford, at least as options. I added a hurst shifter, chrome 20" wheels, side stripes, things to make it look better. I must admitt I do get a lot of "Nice Car" comments. Probably because I have over 100 coats of wax on it. Mine is a candy apple red. I do love the sound system, I wished they had a hood scoop on my car, even though it was a fake. It does look good. I purchased this car off the lot. My Camaro was fast

Color, radio, my new wheels, all the goodies I added.

More power! Nicer dash. Engine compatment could be nicer. More options for performance. More exterior options.