2008 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Great car--needs refinement.
By Steve on 10/08/08 12:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. I have the 5 speed automatic and it performs without trouble. Sure the gas mileage isn't that great, but really, who would expect that from a muscle car? The only trouble is the really noisy top latches. The rattle like crazy with the top up. At first, no rattles, but as the weeks went by, the latches were rattling like crazy. Ford replaced them and they were fine for a while, now they are rattling again.

Better than a Lambo
By Alex on 09/03/08 13:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I work downtown Los Angeles and park at the country club with all sorts of exotic cars, let alone your M6s, S8s etc., but the valet guys favor my car. The people from GAS (Pimp my ride) spruced it up with 20 inch Boss wheels, Bassani exhaust, cold air in- take, computer chip and Eibach lowered suspension. In all I've spent an extra 10k on extras and it was well worth it. This care simply can't sit still and it's made to gun it with a mighty roar. I'd only wish I would have used the 1,200 bucks for the stereo and gotten an after-market system.

Fun car!
By Spangelo on 06/24/08 11:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a great car! I love how it handles, I have the automatic and it shifts smoothly and no real hesitation in regards to power. I get an average of 19 mpg around town and got 25 mpg up in the mountains! The V-8 is powerful and easy to control, the exhaust note is fantastic! The California package is a good package for the money, much better than the lame Shelby package ( not the 500).

Fun convertible
By Bob Burns on 03/10/08 15:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Just purchased this car 2 weeks ago to relieve my mid-life crisis. I was smiling all the way home, driving it with the top down. This car is all I expected and more. Probably not the most comfortable ride for some (it's not a Lexus), but this is more of a sports car and I do like the feel of the road coupled with the 5 speed manual transmission. Amazing pickup, very easy to go way over the speed limit, seems to always want to go faster, gas mileage not bad for a GT. Leather buckets are comfy. Have always had good luck with Fords, I'm hoping this one will also be as reliable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.