2008 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Very enjoyable
By Bgenia1216 on 07/20/10 23:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love my GT/CS. The performance is very exciting and the 4.6 does a nice job to really get this car moving. I have an auto and its no slug, it will get up and move when you want it to. The drop top is a very nice feature. Easy to operate and fairly quick to raise/lower. Due to the live rear axle you can experience some drivability issues when pushing the car around a turn with bumps in the road, not enough for me to really consider it not drivable when pushed. I have the shaker 500 and its loud enough to hear with the top down while driving 80. For MPG you can get good numbers if you are being very good. Top down 18/24 and up 20/25. You can have a new car with just a few mods, enjoy!

Sure Glad I Bought the Convertible
By John on 10/09/09 17:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Always wanted a muscle car but got married young while my friends were driving Mustangs, Road Runners, and Corvettes. Now they are driving mini vans while I am cruising in my GT convertible. Started talking to my wife about getting a Mustang since the 05 hit the dealers, not really thinking that she would go along with it until one day she said "if we get one can it be a convertible", it was then that I knew she wanted it as much as I did. I hesitated about the convertible since I never had one and I remember the old rag tops leaking with lots of wind noise. I test drove one and found it to be pleasanty quiet with the interior of the roof very plush, hardly looking like a convertible.

Bullitt Brings Back Muscle Car Basics
By Craig Brown on 12/13/08 20:40 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned a few Mustangs and typically leave the exterior plain and spend the time and effort on modifying the engine and suspension. My wife and I both saw a 2008 Bullitt in the Highland Green and were immediately drawn to the car's understated simplicity of styling that made the cars we loved as teenagers such classics. Then I drove one! The changes are subtle from the 2006 GT I have been driving for 3 years, but the suspension is firmer and the shifter is more precise. The power difference negligible over the GT, but the car just looks and sounds right. If you grew up driving V-8 muscle cars in the 60's and 70's (or wanted to and couldn't afford to), this is your car!

Not a Camaro
By rayyanko on 09/07/08 06:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first Ford, I am a GM man. I wanted a sports car convertible, made in America. This was my only choice. I don't understand why Ford doesn't make Mustangs stock that is high performance. Yes you can purchase from Saleen, Rouch, etc, with all the goodies, why not from Ford, at least as options. I added a hurst shifter, chrome 20" wheels, side stripes, things to make it look better. I must admitt I do get a lot of "Nice Car" comments. Probably because I have over 100 coats of wax on it. Mine is a candy apple red. I do love the sound system, I wished they had a hood scoop on my car, even though it was a fake. It does look good. I purchased this car off the lot. My Camaro was fast

Nothing else like it
By Redstang on 09/02/08 14:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have been wanting a Mustang since I rented twice on business trips over the past few years. The car is just 100% fun to drive and own. People smile when you pass by and my kids think Dad is the coolest. The car handles well for an solid axle performance car. The ride is not rock hard but firm. Gas mileage is actually decent getting between 19-25 mpg if you keep a light foot. Push the pedal and watch the car go! If you need even more power get the 500 HP Shelby GT500. This will do the job on your Hemi Challenger and the new Camaro. The 18" rims and tires are a must, they fill out the wheel wells nicely. Shaker 500 audio is almost audiophile quality. Have fun!

Not Bad, Not Great Either
By GTMan on 08/01/08 20:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Lifelong owner of sport sedans from Far East or Europe. Living out a childhood vision of owning a sports car with a great American V8. Car is engineered around the powerful engine, not much else. Unlike products from other domestic makers, the understated styling and lack of cheezy exterior add-on is quite appealing. Obviously, this is a recreational vehicle, so it does not dissappoint, great engine sound, accelaration is pretty linear, and suspension is a good compromise. Not meant to make social statement, so no complaints about ~15 to 24 mpg. Overall, not a perfect car, and not for everyone, but just a fun personal toy to have in your garage.

Pony cars rule!
By redtang on 07/22/08 19:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Had my convertible now since May. My 2 year old loves going for a top down ride! The wife even likes it. I love the car but it is nowhere near perfect and is about to get some serious competition.

Need more Bullitt Reviews
By 08-Bullitt on 06/09/08 12:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The limited edition/build 2008 Bullitt Mustang is loaded with fun! this car has great acceleration thanks to the 3.73 gears although it effects your mileage. I've been averaging about 17 mpg even though I put my foot into it with regularity. Another nice thing in this day of high gas prices is that the vehicle runs on either premium or regular unleaded. With regular unleaded, you supposedly lose a little torque, but I can tell you that you don't notice it. A good compromise is the plus grade if available.

Little fat boy buys his dream
By Joe on 05/13/08 19:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Grew up always wanting a 70 Mustang GT fastback. Finally I am fortunate to buy a toy, and was happy to purchase a convertible that is this much fun to drive. I get such a rush from hearing the engine rumble on. Car has power I needed to get my sports car fix. It is toy for me but I am going to drive it more than originally planned. I hope my Mercedes and Jaquar don't get jealous.

GT/ CS
By Mike on 01/19/08 14:58 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Best Mustang ever. Ride, Hhndling and interior are super -- real bank for the buck when compared to some more refined but much more expensive vehicles. 350Z is nice -- but doesn't have space to put a brief case -- not as much fun and doesn't get the attention that the Mustang draws. V8 Power is fast fast fast -- great powerband -- torque everywhere -- you could practically drive it in 3rd.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.