Used 2008 Ford Mustang Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

I LOVE MY CAR
By pdxcarguy

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a great value and Ford did a wonderful job merging classic design into a modern world. I get around 20mpg (18 if I rod around) in the city and up to 26 on the hwy. I think that the dark blue version is the best color and while my car has a grey interior and black top, I think that the best color combo is the dk blue with tan interior/top. Nevertheless, I get comments on my car all the time - this car is great for meeting people!! LOL!! I upgraded the lousy tires that Ford ships with the car - I went from being able to take a 45 mph corner at 55 to 80++!! If you test one and question it's performance I would suggest checking on the tires . . .

Without question the Shaker 500 stereo is my most favorite feature - it truly is Awesome! It sounds great and blows away anyone who hears it. I can't believe that there is a more powerful version!! Something else I was impressed with was when we had a snow storm in Portland that shut the city down I found out that I could easily get around in my Mustang. I drove past SUVs that had slid into the ditch and could go up hill without a problem - in a Mustang!! The car is so well balanced that I could go anywhere without worry in a car that I figured I would have to park.

Okay, so the reason I'm writing is because I think the electronic nanny (also know as traction control) is dangerous. While it is impressive when it is slick, it is SCARY when it is dry. In the Portland metro area we have plenty of 45mph roads that you may need to pull onto. You can't just ease onto these roads - especially in rush hour! So, when you step on the gas and expect to pull into traffic and the electronic nanny cuts the power it can be a terrifying experience!! I shut it off every time I get in the car. It should be something that defaults to OFF - I HATE that you have to turn it off instead of having to turn it on. This is a major safety flaw that I hope is corrected.

I LOVE THIS CAR
By pdxjimbob

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My car has the shaker stereo, leather, etc. I was surprised that the Radial T/As it came with stunk - got rid of those tires and replaced them with some hot Falkens - now it handles GREAT. It is really just a two seater tho - don't really know why Ford had to design the rear seat with the back practically straight up but it makes sitting back there a painful experience if more than a couple blocks. The front seats are great - and LOTS of leg room. You can see the seams in some of the plastics which detracts from an otherwise well executed interior design. I bought the V6 thinking it would get better mileage - I shoulda got the 8 I think it mighta got better mileage.

I love the Shaker 500 stereo - can't image what the 100 would be like! LOVE the drop top! And the fun to drive and run around in cannot be beat. The trunk space is surprising and so was the fact that the pass. seat won't completely recline - which is kinda weird. Nevertheless would buy another!

Use higher quality materials in the interior, change the rear seat design and get better mileage - and hybrid Mustang would be KEWL! Oh, and dude, it's a MUSTANG - put better tires on it outta the stable!!

I am in love with my car
By rfranks

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have always wanted another Mustang since the 69 I had and I finally got it. It is everything I hoped it would be. So much fun to drive. When I'm out with the top down, years and wrinkles melt away and I'm young again. All my friends want one now.

Just about everything. Style is great. Not sluggish on take off.

Trunk button in glove compartment.

Very pleased so far
By crestonave

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I picked up my 2008 V6 Premium convertible this past Monday. Very pleased so far. I have a fully loaded car with the exception of NAVI. Very comfy ride altho you will feel the bumps. Very comfy and supportive seats. V6 has plenty of pickup (auto transmission) Can't speak to reliability yet, of course. Don't know how good the fuel economy will be but I don't really care because it's a "fun" car that probably won't be used all year 'round. Too cold to put the top down yet, unfortunately.

Shaker 500 is the best car audio system I've ever owned. Mycolor and ambient lighting are cool. Excellent fit and finish. Sharp color (vapor). Great view of the road. Gauges instead of idiot lights. Enough trunk space for a golf bag.

No daytime running lights! No backup sensors! No steering wheel audio controls! No rain sensing wipers! Placement of cupholders (easy to hit with your elbow).