2008 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
2008 Mustang- FUN
By camustangguy on 05/30/12 22:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2008 V6 in 2010 with 60,000 miles on the car. The guy before me must have really abused the car because the clutch was gone and the tranny completely gone. I had the clutch replaced with a spec stage2 clutch and a new T-5 tranny and the thing runs like new. I recently lowered the car on eibach springs, and their pro damper shocks and struts.I have a 91 octane tune, K&N Cool air intake, BBK throttle body spacer, 18in AMR wheels from american muscle, Straightpipes exhaust dual conversion, Pypes X pipe, Steeda throttle body spacer. I had Super Snake Stripes painted and the Raxiom Sequential tail lights. It's become my own project car. Overall fantastic car. Its well fast enough:]

Piece of Junk
By nomoreford3 on 03/10/11 07:27 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Horrible made vehicle. My spoiler that is held on with double stick tape has come loose numerous times. Dealership finally put 'pop-rivits' in it (creating holes in my trunk lid) and it still does not stay on. Under the hood is RUST, rust bubbling on inside and outside. And of course Ford doesn't accept responsibility for any of this. Won't repair anything. Interior is horrible and thin. Within less than a month the driver seat was worn and terrible looking from the getting in and out of vehicle. Have had at least one ford sitting in our driveway in the last 30 years between me, husband, children. Will NEVER buy another Ford vehicle. Very disgusting with this car and Ford Motor.

My 4th Mustang
By Briten88 on 06/21/10 12:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

4th Mustang, 1st V6, disappointing fuel mileage, my 4.6 got better. Big improvement interior and exterior from previous design, fit and finish much better also. Looking forward to trading on a 2011 with the 3.7 L v6.

Best Bang for the Buck
By grabberorange on 05/23/10 20:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

What a fun car this is. I have the Mustang grin every time I get behind the wheel of this car. There may be other cars on the market that can best any given Mustang in certain areas, but overall, the Mustang is THE best-buy in an affordable sports/muscle car. I bought the V6 with the Pony Package and have no regrets. Sure, the extra two cylinders would be nice, but I don't notice them gone when driving and paying for insurance. I wish I had one in every color offered. Overall, no complaints and will buy other S197 Mustangs in the future.

one year 26 thousand
By bob 46 on 04/27/10 10:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

well it's been one year 26 thousand miles.Did road trip in January from R.I. to Punta Gord Fla, all together 4000 miles. average speed 75-85,Okay don't report me!! got a solid 25 miles per gallon. Did have both traction control sensors go. Add K&N cold air intake/Pypes duel exhaust and power flash SCT tuner basic 87 octane. It's my daily ride didn't want to screw with it to much.Also many brush aluminum interior and on pieces.With resent engine upgrades highway millage has increased to 28mpg at 65mph. I been very happy with her so far.. will up date next year. Have fun their a great car's for the money..

O what a feeling
By Bob46 on 05/06/09 14:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

As a former owner, some25 years ago of a v6 mustangII holly crap. It's been 25 years of boring dependable toyota trucks. 6 be be exact. I finaly had to try one. Took my 20yr old son with me for a test drive. been loving it ever since. needles to say it's one car he won't be driving. It's a 2008 left over 4.0 premium with pony package.I'm allready having factory cold air induction installed as we speak and will probably go for dual exust. hav'nt had this much fun in a while. Hope it last a lot longer than my75 did.

A lot of fun for the money
By 1trickpony on 04/14/09 17:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2008 Mustang V6 with Pony Package at the beginning of 2009 and I love it! You can't beat the beautiful styling for the dollar. Pony package adds a performance look with fog lamps and Bullitt wheels. GT handling package really makes cornering a BLAST! Mine also has the optional Shaker 500 audio system, which I HIGHLY recommend if you are a music fan. Fuel economy is OK, I would have expected better from a V6 but it's not all that bad. The enthusiast in me can't help but want just a little more when I press the gas pedal, but this car has PLENTY of pep for most people, and it sounds really cool when accelerating. If you want power I suggest paying the extra $ for a GT.

A graduation present
By Ryne Mitchell on 02/05/09 23:09 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

As far as comfortably priced and comfortably equip sports/muscle cars go this is the best I have ever driven. With leather and an appearance package tacked on to this little V6 you don't need much more. With 210 horsepower (I'd argue there was more) this V6 will kick any little 4 banger out there to the curb while not quite being dangerously powerful. If your looking for power and style with a reliable name and company look no further.

Fun To Drive!
By Luis on 09/11/08 08:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've been wanting a Mustang for as long I can remember. I always wanted an older classic one, but they have become too expensive. I finally bought one this year and I love it. She rarely gets out since I drive my company truck most often. But when I do take her out on Sundays I'm amazed how nice she drives and how sporty she looks. I wouldn't change my Stang for anything.

Fun to drive
By fordboy1954 on 08/08/08 04:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love driving around in my Mustang. The ride is a little harsh but then again it is a sports car. Very responsive handling and performance for a V6. Gas mileage is good considering my right foot is heavy. Got the interior upgrade and it looks great. Love the retro look since I always wanted a 69 Mustang. I have the Pony package and have tinted the windows and put the Roush quarter window covers on it looks impressive. Bottom line is it is fun to drive and doesn't cost an arm and leg. New Challenger might be more powerful but when you drive in Vegas you can only go so fast to the next red light.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.