Used 2008 Ford Mustang Deluxe Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Very reliable!
By Adrian

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 08 in 2012 with 75,000 miles. The previous owner must have driven a lot but even though the high miles, my car has never let me down. It's 2016 and the car still works great. I've kept up with its oil changes, and minor maintenance and my Mustang keeps running without trouble. I've replaced the alternator, tie rods, sway bar links, shocks, struts and tires and of course the battery. I drive this car daily and it still amazes me at how great it handles. As of today my car has about 110k miles. Any time I get in it I can feel sure that it won't let me down. I always brag to friends of how reliable the car is. I over paid for the car but at least I can say I haven't put money into it.

The only downside is the interior. The door vinyl panels have started to come off. I've tried to glue them back but with the Texas heat, they come back off. Also the cloth on the seats isn't all that great. I have 2 kids in the back and with their shoes and spilling foods, the cloth on the seats looks faded.

Junk
By cissymomof3

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Worst car Ive ever owned. Bought this car new and within 2 weeks of warranty ended up having to pay $800 for a new clutch/brake assembly.
Interior vinyl on both doors has fallen down and been re-glued 2x and still falling down. Now in shop for a new alternator.
Terrible on gas, my dads chevy truck get better gas mileage.
For a 2008, with 60000 miles, this car has been nothing but problems and expenses.
I will never consider buying another Ford new or used.

Great car for the money
By wndsofchng06

I bought my 08 Mustang with 14k on it,
I now have 54k and have had zero issues.
The V6 has plenty of power for any legal driving and I get up to 30 hwy mpg!
I recently ordered a new rear bumper and am changing her to dual exhaust!
I love this car and will probably keep it until it can go no futher!

style, performance, fuel mileage

Chrome on interior trim is bubbling up

Long Term Report for this '08 V6 w/ manual 5spd
By Greybeard_FL

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

back again.. last post was around this time last year.. I now have 104500 miles on my pony.. this car is just great as my daily driver. Still have original brakes and pads!!

2 repair issues: 1st was harmonic damper failed @
75K miles.

2nd @ 85K could have been major, but was not. Pin that connects clutch pedal to clutch master cyl came loose. Ford does not make a replacement. Comment from dealer: 'That's not supposed to happen!' No, Really??!! Took pin to machine shop and modified it for $65. Fixed.

Otherwise only costs are normal maintainance.

Recommend that when you need new 16" tires.. replace with Pirelli P-4's. MUCH better rubber than factory originals

Still my favorites: retro styling.. awesome reliability.. good performance for an iron v-6.. smooth and quite with the new Pirelli's.. decent gas milage (if you can keep your foot out of it).. if you want V-8+ performance.. there are superchargers available that will give another 90-130 hp at the rear wheels.. for alot less cost than a V-8 car.. (sorry, I really like the snarl of a V-6 over the roar from a V-8)

No Complaints. With so many after-market parts available, who's to complain? if you don't like something, there's plenty to find that will fix your beef.

Nice Pony
By Robbymoon

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my very first car, this 2008 Mustang V6. The exterior looks great and is very eye catchy. The performance is good for a V6. If your not much of a racer like me, this is the perfect car. Its hard to not floor it. I don't have TCS so i don't get the best gas mileage but I don't mind, after all, it's a sports car. I would recommend this to anybody. No matter what age.

The exterior and interior design. The layout of the engine bay. (except the location of the oil filter) The power.

Material for interior. The oil filter spot.