2008 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Junk
By cissymomof3 on 11/14/12 13:10 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Worst car Ive ever owned. Bought this car new and within 2 weeks of warranty ended up having to pay $800 for a new clutch/brake assembly. Interior vinyl on both doors has fallen down and been re-glued 2x and still falling down. Now in shop for a new alternator. Terrible on gas, my dads chevy truck get better gas mileage. For a 2008, with 60000 miles, this car has been nothing but problems and expenses. I will never consider buying another Ford new or used.

Great car for the money
By wndsofchng06 on 03/03/11 09:53 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 08 Mustang with 14k on it, I now have 54k and have had zero issues. The V6 has plenty of power for any legal driving and I get up to 30 hwy mpg! I recently ordered a new rear bumper and am changing her to dual exhaust! I love this car and will probably keep it until it can go no futher!

Long Term Report for this '08 V6 w/ manual 5spd
By Greybeard_FL on 02/04/11 15:05 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

back again.. last post was around this time last year.. I now have 104500 miles on my pony.. this car is just great as my daily driver. Still have original brakes and pads!! 2 repair issues: 1st was harmonic damper failed @ 75K miles. 2nd @ 85K could have been major, but was not. Pin that connects clutch pedal to clutch master cyl came loose. Ford does not make a replacement. Comment from dealer: 'That's not supposed to happen!' No, Really??!! Took pin to machine shop and modified it for $65. Fixed. Otherwise only costs are normal maintainance. Recommend that when you need new 16" tires.. replace with Pirelli P-4's. MUCH better rubber than factory originals

Nice Pony
By Robbymoon on 05/23/10 18:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my very first car, this 2008 Mustang V6. The exterior looks great and is very eye catchy. The performance is good for a V6. If your not much of a racer like me, this is the perfect car. Its hard to not floor it. I don't have TCS so i don't get the best gas mileage but I don't mind, after all, it's a sports car. I would recommend this to anybody. No matter what age.

Reliable and Fun
By Greybeard-FL on 12/18/09 05:55 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my Pony when my old Dodge mini- van finally gave up the ghost. Use it as a daily driver. Now have 63K miles. Reliable and fun transportation. V6 is peppy and quick to respond. No mechanical issues to date - only costs are normal maintenance. very pleased with Ford, and this mustang has been a worthwhile investment. I have nothing negative to say about the car. Drove from FL to KS and avg 31 mpg @ 75mph the entire trip (1500 miles each way)

After Grand Marquis, Thunderbird, F-250
By andy - i'm only 16 on 11/12/08 19:53 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have the V6 deluxe auto. Its performance does not equal the T-bird but it costs much less. The ride is not as smooth as the Marquis but it's not luxury or as expensive. It handles much better than the diesel F-250 but that's expected. Sometimes the manual adjustment for the chairs gets annoying especially while driving but I guess drivers should adjust everything first. Cruise control is very precise and simple and even thought the media controls aren't mounted on the wheel, they are still very close. I control radio etc with my wrist resting on the stick. A bit bumpy but great handling

Fun on a budget
By stangit08 on 10/30/08 21:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Three to four dollar a gallon gas prompted me to look for something besides my 3/4 ton truck to drive. I didn't want to spend more than $20K but still wanted something fun to drive. I seriously looked at the Solitace, Miata, and Mustang. The Pontiac and Miata were at least $8K more for compariable cars albeit they were rag tops. Ford was offering $5K in rebates bring the price down to $16K drive off. The base Mustang comes with many of the desireables that are option on the other models. I have taken two trips over two hundred miles and and averaged 30-31 mpg on both trips. Combined city/hwy driving this week averaged 24 mpg. The car is a blast to drive and looks great. I am very pleased.

Great car for the money
By Rick on 10/21/08 16:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a 2008 mustang V-6 base model in Vapor silver. The car looks great, is quite comfortable, is well equiped and performs very well (for a v-6 5speed). I have had BMWs, A Corvette C-6, and some other great cars, and this little Mustang measures up against them quite well. Very nice car for the money!

This car still rocks!
By GARY on 04/05/08 22:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I used to have a 1967 coupe, it was solid, but I really dig this car! I am in the process of upgrading interior, exterior, performance, ( cool air filter, headers, jba exaust system, nw 9 mm spark plug wires.) new 18 inch chromed bullett rims. It is a car I am proud to own, and would recomend to anybody.

Who needs a GT?
By SN Seth on 10/04/07 14:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought a new Ford Mustang V6 manual and it has been what most people consider the ride of their life. I had test drove a few GTs and there is a difference in power, but for an everyday driver who isn't trying to race or see how much fuel they can burn through, it really moves. The transmission is dead on and each gear pulls so hard that you can't hold back smiling and looking around you to see who is watching. I love the way it makes me feel and the rush I get when I go to work in the morning. However, parking in the furthest parking spot next to the curb so that no one hurts her, does get to be a bit of a hike after a while. Go out and test drive one and you will know what I mean.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.