2007 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: She's All Grown Up

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Review

She's All Grown Up
By Thunder1979 on

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have been driving a 2001 GT convertible for a few years and fell in love with the new model once I saw the design, however, the design is only the tip of the iceberg. This is a much better car than the SN95 version, it's faster, the transmission doesn't feel like a pickup's, my girlfriend can push down the clutch, and it's no longer a rattlebox. The car keeps pulling through 4th gear, and doesn't feel like you're inside of a B-17's nacelle over Germany like the old one did. This is a very comfortable car and no longer feels like the boy racer my 2001 was. That was a very solid car, but the new model is in a new class, it's a grown-up's car that makes you feel like you're 16.

Favorite Features

The engine is magnificent, it roars to redline happily like a smaller displacement engine would.

Suggested Improvements

The car is too big. It feels like hustling around a really fast fullback, yes, it will turn and turns remarkably well, it just seems like it would rather take out a linebacker. It's size makes it a little too blunt force...