My first Ford
By parker9 on
2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
When they stopped making the Trans Ams in 2002 I never thought I'd get the sport convertible I always wanted. Then the new body style Mustangs came out in '05 and I secretly craved one for my driveway. After biting the bullet and admitting that I loved this Ford despite it being a Ford, I've got one. It is an amazing ride, and there is nothing like the feel of the wind blowing through your hair at 80 MPH on the interstate. Watch out though! It's very easy to just keep right on accelerating and never even notice. I had it up to 100 and it felt just as smooth and sturdy as at 65. Overall, the Mustang is a good buy.
Favorite Features
The stereo system, although it does cause the side mirrors to vibrate so bad you can't see. The ease of the convertible top. The sound when I rev it in the driveway.
Suggested Improvements
I'm having problems shifting into 3rd and reverse (after only about 2 weeks) and I'm a little worried about that. Granted this is my first manual in about 15 years, but the clutch seems very touchy. It "pops" too easy making an unsettling noise in the rear end. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.