Love my GT/CS Convertible!
By Sherry on
2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
This is a really fun car to drive! One thing that helped this car tremendously in handling was an Eibach lowering kit - before lowering it the car would get some serious body roll in the turns. After lowering it I sacrificed some of the cushy ride, but owning a Mustang isn't about being cushy! The delayed throttle response due to the fly-by-wire technology is a little strange to get used to, but can be compensated for by adding a hydrogen assist kit - supposed to help with gas mileage (and it does by about 1-2 mpg), but in this car with a tune it actually added about 12-15 hp, which seems to all come in during the low rpms, improving throttle response and the 'seat of your pants' launch.
Favorite Features
Convertible is a lot of fun. Used several times in parades and has been absolutely perfect for it. The 5- speed automatic is absolutely the best! After test driving both the manual and automatic, I ordered mine with the automatic because it felt faster - and I've driven/raced manuals for years!
Suggested Improvements
Paint quality isn't the greatest - it seems to be thinly applied and I've gotten a few nasty rock chips that shouldn't have gone as deep as they do. The interior is pretty good, but would be better if they used a higher quality leather.