I'm more Than Disappointed
By Donna on
2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
After owning 7 previous stangs I am so disappointed in my 2007 V6 5 speed stang. Though the exterior of it gets my heart singing and remembering the great ones I previously owned, The clutch and transmission has been a real horror. The car emits a low growl on acceleration in the mid to back. The shifting is very rough and very hard to move into reverse. The starter failed, the door handles had to be replaced. The interior seats are cheap and the seat belt is hard to get ahold of. I've complained about the 10mph gas mileage, had been on the phone and my car at the shop for the last 3 payments. They say nothing is wrong with it. I am not used of hearing the shifting so rough and loud. Sad day
Favorite Features
The exterior design, the sound of the engine, that's if I can get it to go into reverse to back it out of the garage and put it into 1st without dropping the tranny or the throw out bearing.
Suggested Improvements
They need to replace the brass pieces in the shifting mechanism with something else and improve on the clutch. Redo seatbelts for better reach. Also they need an interior trunk button. Ford needs to have customer reps that can really help you instead of hanging up when you need them to mediate.