Best Present I Always Get - Every Spring
By WNYFordGuy on
2007 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
I'd always driven the 88 GT I owned (bought new) 7-8 months a year, and loved that 'new car' feeling I got whenever I put it on the road every April. Once I saw the retro exterior styling on the '05, and I heard about its great performance, I knew I was going to buy one. I kept the 88 GT for 19 yrs - I really liked it, but I finally ordered an '07 on the Z-plan. The '07 GT is head, mane, and shoulders above the '88 in every way I can think. My 3 boys are going to have to fight me for this car when I get too old to drive it - hopefully when it becomes a true Ford classic in about 20 yrs.
Favorite Features
Awesome looking car (bright red w/ opt. black racing stripes, and I think the std 17" 5-spoke rims look fantastic), great performance, exhaust burble, smooth 5-speed transmission/clutch, MyColor/dashboard, Aux input for iPod. And it gets 21 MPG in the limited driving (3k/yr) I do!
Suggested Improvements
Do the U-joints have to be so loud (occasionally) when shifting? Replace hard/cheap plastics in interior, and the useless cup holders. I wish there was a Ford stereo upgrade - something between the std equipment and the Shaker 500. Maybe I'm too old, but I like the sound sys in my 04 Explorer.