2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Gas Guzzler? Not exactly!
By Eric on 06/16/08 14:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The funny thing about the V8 GT is that it gets surprisingly good MPG on the highway and I routinely get 28mpg going back and forth between New York City and Lake George (250 mi). Around town and stomping on the gas from green lights I hover around 20. My Civic got 32mpg highway. One goes 0 to 60 in 9 seconds, one gets there in about 5. The biggest chuckle I get is when I stop the car at home, reach into the back seat where my son's child seat resides and pull him out, much to the amazement of passerbys and even more when I pull out his stroller from the trunk. This is a big, wide, safe feeling car and gas attendents routinely are amazed when they can't reach across with the squeegee.

My first convertible
By redrock360 on 06/07/08 11:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a convertible, now I have one. The car is fun to drive, very comfortable for a sports car, and I am really suprised at how great the ride is. I expected more road noise with the top up, so I am pleasantly surprised at the lack of noise. You can carry on a conversation with a passenger in normal tones with the top down. Same goes for listening to the radio. The V6 has plenty of power for an old guy like me (late 40's) and is pretty quick also.

My 3rd. Mustang
By Mustangman on 05/18/08 20:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My first was a 1967 coupe, after that I was hooked. Then came the 2001 Bullet, then the 2007 GT/CS. I have loved them all. Driving this new one is a blast if your in town or on the highway or at the drag strip. It handles very well. The fit and finish inside and out are above avg. The Shaker 500 stereo is awesome.(wish I would have got the 1000 though) I have done a few minor mods and am pleased with the results. This 3 valve motor responds well to modifications.

Back to Funtown!
By ScottG on 04/09/08 07:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I traded my 05 Acura TL w/ 30k for this 07 GT w/ 7.5k straight-up. Says a lot about Honda/Acura resale vs. Ford. My TL was flawless in 3yrs so I hope the 'Stang does as well. The comparo. is apples/oranges but things I'll miss are made up for w/ the style, power and my love for Pony Fords.(got a 70 conv.)Ride is stiff or course, but handles like it's on rails. So solid it feels like it has been carved from stone. Impressive! Big car, I'm 6'6" and have plenty of head/legroom. Check back in a year to see if I'm still in love. If so I may have to trade up to the Glasstop fastback coming ion 09.

07' GT
By mcmc1955 on 03/22/08 20:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

No rattles, good handling, great mileage for a semi-hot rod. Rear quarter visibility is limited by the fastback design, but this is a nostalgia tradeoff to look like the 68/69 Mustangs. The front seat has great comfort, the back seat never was meant for comfort.

Tangy Stang
By Horkee on 02/02/08 12:06 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Your a little late for your appointment and you must change freeways..entering the inside lane and then must crossover four lanes to make the first exit 3/4 mile on the right (the exit you hate). As you come down entrance in 3rd gear there are three trucks abreast in the right lanes. A white Camry is ahead of you with a gnarly mess of traffic behind the trucks.. but a break ahead of them. The Camry immediately moves to the freeway leaving you the rest of the entrance ramp.. You nail it quickly openning up 4-5 car lengths before you move over and hit 4th. Catching the break in traffic, you slide over the remaining lanes easily making the exit. That's when you know why you bought it!

Love my Stang!
By TCZ on 01/30/08 09:12 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have the 5 speed and I am driving it in the current Chicago winter and it not a problem. The traction control works well. The car is an absolute blast to drive and I get 23-25 MPG in mixed driving. Great job Ford.

Very Happy
By Bud on 01/22/08 19:48 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The fun factor of driving this car is off the charts! The engine, with the cold air intake, is the sweetest sounding engine that you have ever heard with a low, high pitched whistle. Get the seat warmer option and you can drive it with the top down over 40 degrees. I picked it up in Tampa and the 8 hours I spent driving it home was as much fun as a man can have with his clothes on! Handling is superb and the front seats are extremely comfortable with the ability to actually lean your head back on the head rest to prevent fatigue. Very pleased and happy with the purchase a month into the ride.

My Best Ride ever
By Stang on 01/13/08 07:50 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love my Shelby GT. Best car I ever owned so far. It's a pure pleasure to drive and the looks when you go by are really cool.

Just had to get one
By karateguy43506 on 01/07/08 12:14 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

As a previous Mustang owner on every major model year I just had to purchase one of these. My 07 Stang is very much a V8 sitting in a V6 engine with more tourque and HP than my other GT models in the past. The interior is sporty but very cheap. The seatbelts are out of reach and non adjustable but work fine. The rear leg room is barely enough for my 8 year old, but she loves the rumble and car. Performance wise I feel that Ford should have installed better air flow technology to increase mpg and hp. The rear exhaust really needs to be dual for the pony to breathe better. I did these upgrades and I get 22 mpg city and 28 mpg hwy and run at 245 HP and 250 torque. All in a great car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.