Used 2007 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Love My Stang - Low Miles Too!
By DPDIAMOND

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I use my California Special GT as a toy, weekend car.. I only have 970 miles, its will be 3 years old in December 09. Only work has been oil change, and the front strut "clunker", which is a technical bulletin warranty work...I need to drive her more, car sits too much.. Love to take her out on Sunday, and let my pony run...

Turn the key, 4.6 V8 growl... Love the rumble....

More billet materials in the interior, less plastic.. But hey, that is what aftermarket dress up is for.. Also, more HP in V8..

A fun ride
By DjfunkmasterG

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had my Mustang over 2 years now and it is lucky #13. I have been driving Mustangs since 1988. Out of the 13 I have owned only one was a lemon, a 2004 which I bought as a left over, but this 2007 has been spectacular just like the previous 11 models with no issues. While the interior feels like a cockpit and more room was given for taller drivers in the 05 redesigns, it could still use some work. The center console could be a little smaller. Handling is nice with the 18" wheel package. My model also has the 3.55 rear axle. I drive a basic deluxe, the only options were the 3.55 rear, upgraded dash, and the 18" wheels, otherwise barebones, and I love it. Over this is fun car.

The premium Dash, and the pick from the start line. The 5 speed manual transmission. This car will get from 0- 60 in just over 5 seconds. And the growl from the dual exhaust powered by the 4.6L 3v V8 is music to my ears

Slim down the center console an inch on each side. Standard radio system should by the Shaker 500. For automatic models maybe introduce autostick, and for the love of god make all wheels 19" standard

Very disappointing
By satxdriver07

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

First of all, I absolutely loved the look of my 2007 Mustang, v6 Premium with Pony Package and Interior upgrade. It looked awesome. Unfortunately, the interior was plagued with rattles the dealer couldn't fix, and any driver who knows what I normal suspension should sound like would know that this car suffers from serious design flaws in the form of loud suspension clunks in the undercarriage. It sounds like bottom is gonna fall out on uneven surfaces. It also had terrible traction without the traction control upgrade, and I felt unsafe driving in rain. Wanted to love it, but had to get rid of it 6 months later and took a huge hit.

Shaker stereo system is great. Great exhaust sound for a V-6, looks sharp

Ford is aware of design flaws, Mustang forums have thousands of similar complaints, but Ford doesn't put our recalls and own up to issues come repair time. I think the new CEO of Ford is more on top of things and quality of Ford products are improving, let's hope so.

A BAD SEED
By SOPHILLYJOE

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been a problem from day one. The battery can go dead in as little as 36 hours of setting. It rides like a buck board. Transmission (stick 5 speed) makes all kinds of noises. And the selling dealer said that nothing is wron with the car.

The steering and brakes work OK

Everything

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6
By Richard Clark

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great looking but practical sports car, with very good performance and a gorgeous noise. My wife (who is old enough to know better) floors the pedal just for the noise. Pin sharp handling that gives a whole new meaning to "I'm just popping to the Post Office" - it is rather an interesting little road with some good bends. I have to slow down for the straights! Excellent value for money and amazingly reasonable to insure.

Performance, sound and handling.

Some soft trim on the interior would be nice and more powerful brakes. I am assured by the dealer that there is nothing wrong with my brakes but they don't feel entirely convincing.