Used 2007 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Try a Ford Again
By cajunland on 07/10/08 12:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We mulled it over for a while, to buy or not to buy just for a sometime driver. So I bought first Ford in many years (1990 was last). Loved the body style so bought just for body style, not as a daily driver. It has become my daily driver, parking my 02 V8 Tundra. Just made a 600 mile trip and averaged 30 MPG hwy at 70 MPH. Impressed with V6 power. It is plenty for me. Comfort is not great, cabin is not quite (primarily engine noise), but it is what it is, not a luxury car, not a speed burner, but good dependable transportation with style.

I'm more Than Disappointed
By Donna on 06/25/08 15:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

After owning 7 previous stangs I am so disappointed in my 2007 V6 5 speed stang. Though the exterior of it gets my heart singing and remembering the great ones I previously owned, The clutch and transmission has been a real horror. The car emits a low growl on acceleration in the mid to back. The shifting is very rough and very hard to move into reverse. The starter failed, the door handles had to be replaced. The interior seats are cheap and the seat belt is hard to get ahold of. I've complained about the 10mph gas mileage, had been on the phone and my car at the shop for the last 3 payments. They say nothing is wrong with it. I am not used of hearing the shifting so rough and loud. Sad day

My 1st V8
By sk13 on 06/16/08 22:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Initially I was worried about fuel mileage but anyone wanting one should not be concerned. My mixed driving has returned anywhere from 19.8 MPG to 22.0 MPG and I did a highway test to see what I would get there and it turned out 26.7 MPG running 70- 75 MPH! The engine is fantastic, revs smooth, revs fast, tremendous torque will pull from anywhere in the rev range, can run down almost anything on the road. Interior is roomy and trunk is very usuable. Has tremendous ability to handle curves and also turns tighter than my '04 did. Looks superb, I get positive comments often.

Gas Guzzler? Not exactly!
By Eric on 06/16/08 14:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The funny thing about the V8 GT is that it gets surprisingly good MPG on the highway and I routinely get 28mpg going back and forth between New York City and Lake George (250 mi). Around town and stomping on the gas from green lights I hover around 20. My Civic got 32mpg highway. One goes 0 to 60 in 9 seconds, one gets there in about 5. The biggest chuckle I get is when I stop the car at home, reach into the back seat where my son's child seat resides and pull him out, much to the amazement of passerbys and even more when I pull out his stroller from the trunk. This is a big, wide, safe feeling car and gas attendents routinely are amazed when they can't reach across with the squeegee.

My 3rd. Mustang
By Mustangman on 05/18/08 20:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My first was a 1967 coupe, after that I was hooked. Then came the 2001 Bullet, then the 2007 GT/CS. I have loved them all. Driving this new one is a blast if your in town or on the highway or at the drag strip. It handles very well. The fit and finish inside and out are above avg. The Shaker 500 stereo is awesome.(wish I would have got the 1000 though) I have done a few minor mods and am pleased with the results. This 3 valve motor responds well to modifications.

Back to Funtown!
By ScottG on 04/09/08 07:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I traded my 05 Acura TL w/ 30k for this 07 GT w/ 7.5k straight-up. Says a lot about Honda/Acura resale vs. Ford. My TL was flawless in 3yrs so I hope the 'Stang does as well. The comparo. is apples/oranges but things I'll miss are made up for w/ the style, power and my love for Pony Fords.(got a 70 conv.)Ride is stiff or course, but handles like it's on rails. So solid it feels like it has been carved from stone. Impressive! Big car, I'm 6'6" and have plenty of head/legroom. Check back in a year to see if I'm still in love. If so I may have to trade up to the Glasstop fastback coming ion 09.

07' GT
By mcmc1955 on 03/22/08 20:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

No rattles, good handling, great mileage for a semi-hot rod. Rear quarter visibility is limited by the fastback design, but this is a nostalgia tradeoff to look like the 68/69 Mustangs. The front seat has great comfort, the back seat never was meant for comfort.

Tangy Stang
By Horkee on 02/02/08 12:06 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Your a little late for your appointment and you must change freeways..entering the inside lane and then must crossover four lanes to make the first exit 3/4 mile on the right (the exit you hate). As you come down entrance in 3rd gear there are three trucks abreast in the right lanes. A white Camry is ahead of you with a gnarly mess of traffic behind the trucks.. but a break ahead of them. The Camry immediately moves to the freeway leaving you the rest of the entrance ramp.. You nail it quickly openning up 4-5 car lengths before you move over and hit 4th. Catching the break in traffic, you slide over the remaining lanes easily making the exit. That's when you know why you bought it!

Love my Stang!
By TCZ on 01/30/08 09:12 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have the 5 speed and I am driving it in the current Chicago winter and it not a problem. The traction control works well. The car is an absolute blast to drive and I get 23-25 MPG in mixed driving. Great job Ford.

My Best Ride ever
By Stang on 01/13/08 07:50 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love my Shelby GT. Best car I ever owned so far. It's a pure pleasure to drive and the looks when you go by are really cool.