Used 2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

A Real Hoot to Drive
By Dude,WaaayBigFun

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Best bang for the buck on the market bar none! Pulls good from 0 to 3000 rpm and then the power band kicks in from 3000 to redline and when it shifts into 2nd it really sinks you back into your seat. I have an automatic tranny because of rush hour traffic but if you can shift better than the automatic you should be on tour with the N.H.R.A. I get envious looks and thumbs up on a regular basis .Love the throtty V-8 rumble, great stereo, multi-colored dash,a nd heated leather seats. This car has more aftermarket parts than any other car, cannot wait to add roush supercharger.

Favorite Features

V-8 power, stereo, heated leather seats, multi colored dash is fun to show off to people, surprisingly large trunk with fold down rear seats for long items. Lots of aftermarket goodies to make your ride original, which is real good because in my neighborhood there is a Mustang on every block.

Suggested Improvements

Inside the glove box would be a nice place to have a trunk opener, fold in mirrors would be better. Blind spots could be a problem for drivers who don't know how to step on the gas pedal. These are minor complaints that could be better without raising the cost of the car too much.

2007 GT/CS vista blue
By Brian

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love the car. this is my third Mustang. my first was a 67 coupe, then a 2001 GT, now this one. I love the color, the performance, the only thing Ford didnt get right is the comfort of the driver. On any drive over an hour or so, the comfort level goes down. I have had 2 warrenty issues with this Mustang. The leather insert on the pass. door had to be replaced, it was not glued on properly. I also had trouble with the rev limiter kicking in to soon in third gear, and sometimes fourth. A flash tuner should fix this issue. Overall I am very pleased with my new stang. I can't wait to up the hp.

Favorite Features

It's a blast to drive. What more is there to say.

Suggested Improvements

More comfort for the driver. More hp and torque. Better brakes.

Almost Perfect!
By jmr1061

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Having owned 3 of the previous generation Mustangs, in my opinion this was a huge leap forward for the Mustang. For the money, Ford did an excellent job of producing a top end, sporty pony car. The ride and balance is excellent, and the retro look is awesome! Overall quality is very good. This is the best bang for the buck on the market today. For a larger car than previous years, the interior seems smaller - more cramped, but still very comfortable.

Favorite Features

This car is so easy to drive! Shifting is so smooth compared to previous models. The info display helpful, and the multi-colored dash choice is very fun! I use the MP3 input jack all the time.

Suggested Improvements

The car has a slight lag in excelleration that can easily be fixed with a CAI and tune - Ford could have done this from the factory easily with little or no effect on MPG while gaining more power. The dash rattles are very annoying. The car is need to lose weight to compete in this class.

Turns heads wherever I go!
By King Nebekeneezer

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Powerful, fast, beautiful vintage design. highly modifyable. Bought Cal Special-redfire metalic, black racing stripes, Rousch front fascia (after being hit by truck tire blowout), Ford Racing Performance handeling kit- lowered 1.5 inches, 3.73 gears, flowmaster mufflers-great v8 Amer muscle mustage growl. Turns heads everywhere. Handles well for Amer car- even better now w/Ford handeling pack installation. Great acceleration & passing power. My Mustang gets so many compliments everywhere i go (especially by older men-60's era Mustang owners, and by kids). Great Car-no problems yet-knock on wood. Great dealership & service support. LOVE driving it. Better than Camero. Very proud to own mustang!

Favorite Features

Power. Acceleration. Beautiful retro design. Fun to drive. Handles well for affordable Amer car. Vintage V-8 sound & looks, & easily modifiable. Even looks fast standing still. Affordable for working man. Ford has started the pony car war all over again! Great performance and driveability!

Suggested Improvements

Too much cheap interior plastic to an otherwise beautiful 60's era design. Car is kinda heavy. Ford Should delete backseat-its a muscle car not sedan, & it would save weight. I consider backseat apart of the trunk-nobody sits there.Engine should be 400 hp to compete w/forthcoming challenger camero.

Great Little Pony
By GeteeUp

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my Mustang GT in July and have put a little over 2,000 miles on it. I drive it 3 to 4 times per week and it is a joy each time. We went on a long weekend trip and I actually got 26 mpg in highway driving at 60 mph. I really like the way the exhaust system sounds and the car handles extremely well and has a nice smooth ride. I am reliving being 16, but of course I couldn't afford this type of toy then.

Favorite Features

Everything about the car, its styling and performance, a retro look in a modern automobile, doesn't get better than that.

Suggested Improvements

Only thing I can think of is a sunglasses holder.