Used 2007 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Best 4 seat convertible for the money
By John

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've only had Japanese or German cars, but the Mustang has always stirred my interest a little, despite my general disdain for American design.That is, until this new body style came along. I must admit that I warmed up to it quickly and before long, I just had to have it. I wanted a convertible (actually did not mind a V6) and realized that since I'm a family man now, there are not a lot of choices out there:(Solara, anyone? Or worse, Eos) The Mustang fit the bill: Classic style, history, raw power and seats 4 to boot. Got the V8, who needs the radio when you have the rumble from the exhaust for entertainment? Crazy torque, handles well for its size and looks gorgeous with the top down

Exterior style, Interior style (not materials), minimal shake for a vert, Awesome stereo (you can hear the songs at 85 mph with the wind rushing over your head), Passing prowess and drama with the manual. Surprisingly docile for city driving, corners well for a big car. Different colors on dash.

Interior materials, more storage in cabin, relocate cupholders. One latch and one button top lowering. 18 inch wheels standard on GT, upgraded brakes. Better AV outlet cover (seriously!) Rattle during low speed 2-3 shifts. Cloth top standard. Spare tire.

My first convertible
By redrock360

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a convertible, now I have one. The car is fun to drive, very comfortable for a sports car, and I am really suprised at how great the ride is. I expected more road noise with the top up, so I am pleasantly surprised at the lack of noise. You can carry on a conversation with a passenger in normal tones with the top down. Same goes for listening to the radio. The V6 has plenty of power for an old guy like me (late 40's) and is pretty quick also.

Convertable top! Retro look inside and out.Front seats are very comfortable. The ease at which you can raise and lower the top. The way the front windows self seal when closing the doors. Automatic up and down windows.

Self dimming rear view mirror should be standard. Trunk release inside car in easy reach of driver. Tilt wheel should be easier to operate.

Very Happy
By Bud

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The fun factor of driving this car is off the charts! The engine, with the cold air intake, is the sweetest sounding engine that you have ever heard with a low, high pitched whistle. Get the seat warmer option and you can drive it with the top down over 40 degrees. I picked it up in Tampa and the 8 hours I spent driving it home was as much fun as a man can have with his clothes on! Handling is superb and the front seats are extremely comfortable with the ability to actually lean your head back on the head rest to prevent fatigue. Very pleased and happy with the purchase a month into the ride.

Happy again.
By Jim Fischer

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have to say how surprised I am, that after owning my Mustang for over six months, I still smile every time I drive it. The looks, the feel, the way it handles, all top notch.

Styling, size, wheels and tires. I have the Pony package option and it looks great.

Compass feature would have been nice. I found out it was available as a separate option later.

America's Pony Real Good Fun
By carockwell

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Being a Euro car snob I was more than surprised with how much I liked my wife's midlife crisis car. The new Mustangs have everything I always liked about American cars and none of the problems. The convertible is quiet, dry, easy to use, and little buffeting compared to other convertibles. The car handles extremely well, it is very controllable/predictable on the track and well balanced. The power is amazing, but what would I know I used to drive a Fiat. By far the biggest surprise with this car is how comfortable the car is on long trips. I can drive 800 miles and feel great when I get out. So far, I get 18.7 mpg overall which is okay considering the power and automatic transmission.

Power,comfort, and handling. The Mustang has very neutral handling at the limit, not the understeering pigs that the original's were.Also, the 4.6 GT accelerates faster than the old Shelby GT 500 with the 428! This car is like the perfect restored Shelby Mustang you always dreamed about getting.

This car needs a modern "sportmatic" tansmission like all the Euro cars have. The tranny does have an overdrive button that gives you an instant downshift(like the old British cars) but it would be handy to have more control of the automatic. The brakes are marginal for track use. Needs HID lights.