2007 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Old Man and the Mustang
By Steve Ahrens on 11/27/06 11:08 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

As I am fast approaching my 60th birthday, it is nowhere near as fast as the 4.9 seconds it takes this Mustang GT to reach 60. Telling ya, I have been driving Ford trucks and SUV's for over thirty years and finally I bought a vehicle for the pure fun of driving it. When you crank it up the first thing you sense is a low rumbling growl generated from a 300HP OHC engine. By the time you put it into 4th gear you are going 70MPH at 2000 RPM. That's power. Add a little "Rolling Stones" on the Shaker 500 sound system and life takes on a whole new glow.

Get This Machine
By Miami on 11/05/06 18:59 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 last July. It is the best car I have ever owned. It has superb handling, great acceleration,a terrific rumble from its V-8 and twin pipes, wonderful stability at even VERY high speeds, and one of the best engine/transmission combos I have seen in any car, domestic or imported -- and it's got that great retro Mustang look. If American car makers would build all their cars as they have this one, the imports would be in full retreat. I bought it for my wife and haven't let her touch it.

Wow!
By redhead on 11/05/06 14:13 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

What a great raw muscle car. Fast throaty acceleration. Easy to use controls. Drawbacks are the lumbar (or lack of) support and the slight interior noise from the mini window on the drivers side.

Manual transmission problems
By Gary Dickinson on 11/03/06 18:36 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving the Mustang except for a whining noise from the manual transmission in 5th gear and pulling positive torque. No noise when not under acceleration or slowing down. This is my third Mustang and the previous '88 and '95 both with the 5 speed manual did not make any noise like this. The dealership mechanic and the owner of the dealership both drove the car and both acknowledge the noisy gear whine but Ford wants more info from them comparing the noise with another new 5 speed manual transmission in another car. This transmission was flawed right from the first mile and should have been immediately repaired or replaced. Needless to say I am very disappointed with Ford and their quality.

A girl and her pony by Marea
By Marea on 08/23/06 11:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my pony! I ordered a Windveil blue convertible with parchment top and leather interior same color with comfort package (new for 2007). Also added an interior upgrade. I wanted to brighten up the inside as much as possible, not a big fan of black, but the black that is there looks great! Oh, Pony package of course. This car is awesome! She gets looks everywhere she goes. So much fun with the top down. My salesman said to order the boot that goes over the top when it's down. It helps keep it clean when the top is down for an extended period of time. It's also expensive to add the hardware for it to the car if you decide you want it later. If you have cats, invest in a car cover.

2005 Stang Review
By SFC Stang on 06/26/06 13:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My wife and I have enjoyed this Mustang for the past month since we traded in our 2004 Mustang. Has surprising power, and response that is enjoyable. Lots of heads turn, most responses we get is for the color. Windviel Blue, seems to have everyone's attention. My wife likes going from our Xtreme Blazer to the Mustang, easy transition from one to another, but starting out in second in the Chevy, can't be done in the Mustang. Well at least not for her.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.