Used 2007 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Very Happy
By Bud

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The fun factor of driving this car is off the charts! The engine, with the cold air intake, is the sweetest sounding engine that you have ever heard with a low, high pitched whistle. Get the seat warmer option and you can drive it with the top down over 40 degrees. I picked it up in Tampa and the 8 hours I spent driving it home was as much fun as a man can have with his clothes on! Handling is superb and the front seats are extremely comfortable with the ability to actually lean your head back on the head rest to prevent fatigue. Very pleased and happy with the purchase a month into the ride.

Happy again.
By Jim Fischer

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have to say how surprised I am, that after owning my Mustang for over six months, I still smile every time I drive it. The looks, the feel, the way it handles, all top notch.

Favorite Features

Styling, size, wheels and tires. I have the Pony package option and it looks great.

Suggested Improvements

Compass feature would have been nice. I found out it was available as a separate option later.

America's Pony Real Good Fun
By carockwell

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Being a Euro car snob I was more than surprised with how much I liked my wife's midlife crisis car. The new Mustangs have everything I always liked about American cars and none of the problems. The convertible is quiet, dry, easy to use, and little buffeting compared to other convertibles. The car handles extremely well, it is very controllable/predictable on the track and well balanced. The power is amazing, but what would I know I used to drive a Fiat. By far the biggest surprise with this car is how comfortable the car is on long trips. I can drive 800 miles and feel great when I get out. So far, I get 18.7 mpg overall which is okay considering the power and automatic transmission.

Favorite Features

Power,comfort, and handling. The Mustang has very neutral handling at the limit, not the understeering pigs that the original's were.Also, the 4.6 GT accelerates faster than the old Shelby GT 500 with the 428! This car is like the perfect restored Shelby Mustang you always dreamed about getting.

Suggested Improvements

This car needs a modern "sportmatic" tansmission like all the Euro cars have. The tranny does have an overdrive button that gives you an instant downshift(like the old British cars) but it would be handy to have more control of the automatic. The brakes are marginal for track use. Needs HID lights.

Wow Emily
By RedHOTEmily

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just purchased this car after 3 years of deciding wheather to get one. Love the new design and got a great deal, so I went ahead. I have been so pleased with the way this car makes me feel, how it drives and the awesome power at my fingertips. The stereo and some features are great. Love my Emily!

Favorite Features

Shaker 500 stereo, sounds of leather seats, seeing the muscular hood as you drive. Lights and power baby.

Suggested Improvements

Put a trunk switch in! It would be nice to have a temp and directional display on the rearview mirror and with the extra space on the map light fixture, put garage door buttons.

Wife is happy again!
By Frank Higgins

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just bought a new Mustang to get back in her good graces after selling the 64 1/2 that was too dangerous for the family. Wow, the car is great! I can't remember the last time when I bought something and thought it was worth 40-50% more than I paid. Why can't Detroit make more cars like this? I hate buying German but generally they are superior. Lots of fun! A head turner at this price!

Favorite Features

The car looks great, sounds great and has a tight feel.

Suggested Improvements

Is cheap in a few places in the interior but not a big deal for the price