Used 2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My 3rd. Mustang
By Mustangman

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My first was a 1967 coupe, after that I was hooked. Then came the 2001 Bullet, then the 2007 GT/CS. I have loved them all. Driving this new one is a blast if your in town or on the highway or at the drag strip. It handles very well. The fit and finish inside and out are above avg. The Shaker 500 stereo is awesome.(wish I would have got the 1000 though) I have done a few minor mods and am pleased with the results. This 3 valve motor responds well to modifications.

Favorite Features

Stereo system, retro styling, handling, paint color. Mine is Vista Blue.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger horsepower option for the GT, shifter/shorter throw, trunk release button in reach of the driver, stronger lower end of the motor. My GT/CS had 3 small dents from the factory that were removed the paint less way for free by the dealer, but they shouldn't have been there in the first place

Back to Funtown!
By ScottG

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I traded my 05 Acura TL w/ 30k for this 07 GT w/ 7.5k straight-up. Says a lot about Honda/Acura resale vs. Ford. My TL was flawless in 3yrs so I hope the 'Stang does as well. The comparo. is apples/oranges but things I'll miss are made up for w/ the style, power and my love for Pony Fords.(got a 70 conv.)Ride is stiff or course, but handles like it's on rails. So solid it feels like it has been carved from stone. Impressive! Big car, I'm 6'6" and have plenty of head/legroom. Check back in a year to see if I'm still in love. If so I may have to trade up to the Glasstop fastback coming ion 09.

Favorite Features

Power, Mustang bodystyle, retro/modern int./ext.. Handling is awesome. God bless traction control. Launches like a rocket.

Suggested Improvements

Memory seats or power seatback that returns to previous setting, Inside trunk release, Higher grade int. materials, Audio controls on steering wheel, replace Green LED displays w/ LCD, Steering wheel layout needs redesign. Auto/Man Trans., Auto Temp. Stereo needs EQ.

07' GT
By mcmc1955

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

No rattles, good handling, great mileage for a semi-hot rod. Rear quarter visibility is limited by the fastback design, but this is a nostalgia tradeoff to look like the 68/69 Mustangs. The front seat has great comfort, the back seat never was meant for comfort.

Favorite Features

Tremec transmission feels like you're driving an old muscle car.

Suggested Improvements

More optional cubic inches. Make the old 351 or a 392 stroker an option in the GT, it costs no more to build those engines. There needs to be a middle ground between the GT and the Roush. Don't wait for the new Camaro and Challenger to take the market.

Tangy Stang
By Horkee

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Your a little late for your appointment and you must change freeways..entering the inside lane and then must crossover four lanes to make the first exit 3/4 mile on the right (the exit you hate). As you come down entrance in 3rd gear there are three trucks abreast in the right lanes. A white Camry is ahead of you with a gnarly mess of traffic behind the trucks.. but a break ahead of them. The Camry immediately moves to the freeway leaving you the rest of the entrance ramp.. You nail it quickly openning up 4-5 car lengths before you move over and hit 4th. Catching the break in traffic, you slide over the remaining lanes easily making the exit. That's when you know why you bought it!

Favorite Features

Nasty snarl in 3rd! Going on a Saturday night double date with your friends or being able to pick up a few supplies for your kid's soccer team after work. Let's face it, it's not the fastest thing out there (Vet?, Viper?,911GT3?), but for a practical sporty V8 car it stands alone.

Suggested Improvements

Needs Home Link, a place for sun glasses, and could use a plusher interior but for the price it's not bad. (Ford might think of doing a plusher stretched four passenger version of this vehicle with four doors (of course) and call it the "Thunder Bird".)

My Best Ride ever
By Stang

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love my Shelby GT. Best car I ever owned so far. It's a pure pleasure to drive and the looks when you go by are really cool.

Favorite Features

I like the Hurst short thro, the 6 cd player and auto up vol, that is also controlled by how much it elevates.

Suggested Improvements

For what i paid i cant see where it really needs any. Good job Ford & Shelby.