Used 2007 Ford Mustang Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Just had to get one
By karateguy43506

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

As a previous Mustang owner on every major model year I just had to purchase one of these. My 07 Stang is very much a V8 sitting in a V6 engine with more tourque and HP than my other GT models in the past. The interior is sporty but very cheap. The seatbelts are out of reach and non adjustable but work fine. The rear leg room is barely enough for my 8 year old, but she loves the rumble and car. Performance wise I feel that Ford should have installed better air flow technology to increase mpg and hp. The rear exhaust really needs to be dual for the pony to breathe better. I did these upgrades and I get 22 mpg city and 28 mpg hwy and run at 245 HP and 250 torque. All in a great car.

Exterior design but they needed to put better ground effects on the sides. Love the leather seats!

Make a T-Top model and put in better interior since the plastic's cheapness takes away from the over all value look of the car. If no T-Tops a power moonroof would be excellent. Needs to have better tuning on the engine and the shifter is rather sluggish.

A Great Machine
By WebNews47

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had a 1987 Firebird (red, with a 2.8 V6) and kept it for six years. So, 20 years later, here I am with a red V6 car, but a much better one. It's a real beauty, and I'm almost afraid to take it out of the garage, I confess. But I do, and have to avoid just getting in and driving for the sake of driving.

Six-disc CD player (no more fumbling to change discs), radio reception seems better.

Make anti-lock and traction control standard, more storage space would be nice, one more trip odometer would be helpful, and I'd feel more secure with a locking fuel access door and an interior trunk release.

Awsome Car
By P

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle is a dream of mine. I had a 82 5.0 and it has just as much or more torque and HP. I got the 5 speed, would recommend if you like that Muscle car feeling (rpm's)! You can push this car to 80 before going into 5th. But I wouldn't recommended all the time it is only .8 seconds slower from 0 to 60 than the GT! The 07 and 08 models are identical, except miner changes. Go buy it if you love Mustangs, I will probably keep this car forever. I got the 17" wheels which is plus, but not necessary. If I had the money I would buy 3 more in different trim levels.

I love the 500 watt sound system and exhaust for a V6. Manual has a short throw, which I also like.

Seats are improved from years past, but can still be a little uncomfortable on long drives. The rear defroster takes awhile to work.

Holy Crap!!!
By spovelko

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2007 V6 Coupe three months ago.After a couple of weeks the brake warning light,loss of traction light,computer display reads brake fluid level low,and the traction control system turns itself on and off.Ive had it in the dealership three times now.The first time was for 4 days,didnt fix it,the second time was for two weeks,didn't fix it.Third time I made it into the dealership they hooked it up to the diagnostic machine and the service manager says he'll call me as soon as he compares the results to another 07.Three weeks go by,all the while I am calling him,he doesn't return my calls so I contact Ford directly.They bring in an expert.Its been there a week.They still have not call

Looks great sitting at the dealership.The rental car I have sucks.Making payments on both!!!This is not what I signed up for!!!

Take a serious look at the electrical system.The traction control system turning itself on and off is a hazard both to the driver(and his family)and the public.

Love my 'Stang!
By BebeZed

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am totally pleased and surprised by my new 2007 Mustang V6 coupe! For a V6, this car has a nice throaty sound, and the power is better than I expected with a V6. It easily attains (and uhhh...surpasses) freeway speeds. It handles very well too -- I love to take fast curves and so does this car. I am a large gal, so obviously I questioned whether or not this car would be spacious enough. I am pleased to report that not only is there enough room for me in the driver's seat but there is also sufficient room for my equally large daughter to sit in the back seat. In short, I highly recommend the 2007 V6 Mustang.

The Shaker 500 stereo rocks! The 6-way adjustable driver's seat makes driving a real pleasure. Love the My Color dashboard lights (my choice: purple). Adore the sound of the engine, love the way it handles and the gas mileage ain't too shabby either!

The front seat belts are not only hard to reach, but also do not adjust i height so mine sits right across my neck. Also, the MP3 player port should be more accessible, and the driver's seat should return to its original position after putting it down to allow access to the rear seats.