Used 2007 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Fueling issues
By RYLANDT2003

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

From day one that I purchased my new 2007 mustang I have not been able to fill up the tank. I have taken it to the dealership over 5 times for this issue and get no where. I have had 3 gas tanks and other parts replaced and it is still not fixed. Now they bent the fuel hose, haha, and want me to drive until on (E) and then bring it back for them to refuel. This is a major issues on this year and my car has the new tank design on it. I keep getting the run around as everyone else. This was my first new purchase and I will never again purchase a ford of any make or model.

Needs to recall (lemon)

BAD 2007 427R Roush Mustang
By Donna Olson

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new payed over $50,000 for it and have had one problem after another with it. After 3 weeks of buying the Super Charger failed, the the stripes started to rust, new expensive tires were wearing all to fast but Ford said we had no problem even though it also had a knocking noise but we still had no prob all 3 times. If that was not enough our warranty expired and they sold us a SERVICE agreement that was the only waranty they said when we purchased it would cover the Roush parts well not true the computer portion of the Roush failed and this SERVICE agreement supposed to be extended waranty will not cover this because it is an after market part. I am sick

That I totally was ripped off but we did support our local dealer while I bent over and asked for more

Stay away from Ford Buy TOYOTA the Ford is no better than they were before

I waited six years for this.
By Bonfire

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Since the initial unveiling of the new body style for 2005, I have patiently yearned for a 2007 Mustang. My wait finally came to a glorious end last Friday, when I traded-in my 1997 V6 black coupe, and purchased a 2007 Grabber Orange GT convertible. To quote the 1975 Queen song title: "I'm in love with my car." The Mustang GT is all I expected and more. First, since this car is my fifth Mustang, I have grown accustom to the traction-less rear end. Yet the GT feels solid and attached to the road. The car has a terrific low- end sound, yet quiet enough to hear the stereo, passengers, and yes, the familiar convertible "rattle". But I'll take a little "rattle" over a mini-van any day of the week!

The design. The sound. The colors. The tingle of adrenaline as 300 horsepower springs to life in my garage in the morning.

Possibly removing the gas gauge from the instrument panel. It is hard to watch the gas needle zoom toward empty on a daily basis.

Weekend Fun
By MarkK

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just purchased a used 2007 GT/CS convertible for some summer fun, This car is a blast to drive on a sunny day with the top down. Great acceleration and exhaust note. It also handles better than I expected. The lower profile and 18 inch wheels on the California Special probably helps here. I bought this car strictly for weekend and pleasure driving and so far I'm very pleased.

Exhaust note and a second gear that has plenty of pull. Shaker 500 system is easy to hear at high speeds with the top down. Great looks.

Poor design on cup holders. Can't shift if you have a drink in the front holder. You'll get the standard rattles of a convertible with the top up but I didn't buy it to drive with the top up.

Inexpensive way to drive a sports car.
By Utah Mike

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got mine used at 17,000 miles and have put another 16,000 miles on it. Now it's 3 years old and runs great. Nice loud exhaust, and with the top down I'm amazed how many people pull up next to me and want to talk about my car. For a V6 it's got lots of pep, although if you romp on the gas, it takes half a second to take off.

The convertible is great, good acceleration. Have only had one problem (see below).

The catalytic converter went out, but it was covered under warranty. The car seats 4, but the two in the back have zero leg room, best if only two drive. Blind spots are a little tough due to the convertible top. For a V6 is kind of a gas hog. I only get about 20-22 mpg.