2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Best in class, Period!
By Randall on 04/11/09 22:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this car as my first sports car and have been loving every minute of it. The sound, the ride, the style, everything is amazing. With an intake, tune, and an exhaust system, and the car turned into a completely different animal. I have the California Special in Performance White and it stands out from even other Mustangs.

Great Fun - Poor Quality
By cheapskate2 on 03/15/09 10:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just loved the look of the 2005+ Mustangs when they came out. Finally I got a 2007 GT in 2008. Pros: Great styling inside and out. Has that great V8 muscle car sound and feel that makes it fun to drive. Cons: What is standard trim on most cars like aluminum accents and painted mirrors and such would cost many hundreds of dollars to get for the mustang as aftermarket parts. Engineering and build quality is very poor - 2005 to 2009 mustangs plagued with many problems including stalling, water leaks, suspension clunks, interior rattles, freezing e-brakes, etc. etc. Not a car for where it gets below freezing or rains a lot.

Best of Edmunds
By Way2Fast210 on 02/28/09 18:08 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Awesome vehicle, could use more horsepower. But you pay the right price for what you get! It stills blows past most cars at he line anyway

Happy Mustang Owner
By TCZ on 02/03/09 05:40 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I drive this car in the Chicago area. Winter is not a problem as long as you slow down. When gas was $4 I slowed down and got 25 to 28 MPG in mixed driving.(70% hiway, 30%city) I had to replace the radio (shaker 500) for a minor fault (NC at dealer). The car is plenty fast and a thrill to drive. I have louvers on the rear windows and I'm putting on axle back exhaust to create 10 more HP and an even better sound, also coming is a cold air intake. The car is alloy in color and it turns heads where ever I drive. I cannot recommend it enough if you are looking for a reasonably priced sports car. I'll definitely buy another one.

Best 'stang ever
By Harry Titus on 01/30/09 06:30 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Being a Mustang owner since 1965 it is much easier for me to offer an accurate view of this new car. We just bout a new '07 coupe with Pony Package. Yes, it is an unsold 07 in 2009! However, because it was two years old we got an unbelieveable deal! Engine is strong, stronger than any six before. Has a powerful throaty exhaust tone. It really scoots too! More power than either of us need. Everything that is good about a Mustang is great in this one. It still has many of the negatives too, like poor winter driving qualities, but, old veteran Mustang guy like me have learned to drive these over the years and I for one, have no trouble driving any Mustang in the winter.

The best car I have ever owned
By melinda taylor on 01/29/09 18:17 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. It handles get in all weather. It is heavy and holds the road so much better than the 04 Mustang I traded in and I loved that car but this one with the v8 engine rocks. I enjoy every minute I am driving.

I enjoy my car!
By My Stang on 01/21/09 12:21 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have a grabber orange V6 pony with the package that's hammered on the ground. I love it and get tons of head turns! I have had a little trouble with it randomly dying and the dealership/Ford itself can't figure it out. My car just randomly dies. I have been going up a hill and it locks up/dies or just at a stop light and it dies. Once I put it into park it will fire right up and drive fine for like 6 months. Or it may die again in like another 3 mths. or 2 weeks, It's very random! Wish they could figure it out & fix it! Other then that I love the car. Very fun to drive. I do not drive it in the winter, so not sure how it handles in snow/ice. But overall it's been a good car!

Just Love My First Mustang
By Mustanglover on 01/10/09 21:37 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I first drove a 05 Mustang V6 and after that I just had to own the new style Mustang. My 07 GT convertible is a real blast to drive. Can't decide whether to listen to the exhaust or the 500 watt stereo. Like other comments the gas mileage, acceleration, and handling is superb in this car. This is a true muscle car in my opinion. The 300 HP v8 engine has plenty of power. Mine is the torch red color with the hood scoop option. I get comments all the time about the looks of it. No rattles or problems since I got it new and its just over 2 years old now. Will keep this car for a long time. Paint quality is super on mine. I have keep everything stock on it for now.

Great looking and fun but some drawbacks
By rocpat on 01/07/09 09:05 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Overall I love my Mustang GT. It's very fun to drive and makes a great daily driver. The style, performance, and sound can't be beat for the price. I drive mine year-round and only the worst snow storms will slow it down. It also gets decent gas mileage when driven with respect. I constantly get around 30 MPG on the highway and 18 MPG with mixed driving. My only complaint is the build quality could stand to be improved. I've brought it to the dealer numerous times to have various parts replaced. None were serious, mostly just to fix rattles, clunks or other odd noises the car was making. Other than that the car has been reliable for the two years I've owned it.

Mom's have fun too
By Gin on 01/02/09 10:44 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have always loved Ford automobiles. As a mom, I got an Explorer for the diversity of our family. Then when I hit my thirities and the get were older, something was missing. Our family wanted something that was fun and still practical to drive because gas was almost $4.50 per gallon. I was going to get something before my midlife crisis. We test drove a Mustang convertible and the family fit so we bought the car. I love this car. There is nothing I would change. I have enough room for everthing. When you down size from an Explorer then all that kids stuff you just stop bringing everything. Boy do my kids smile when the top is down. Moms go for it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.